CHAPTER 60: "I WILL BE BACK SOON"

NAIRA AHMED - POINT OF VIEW:

I was laying on Waheed's bed in his room waiting for him to get out of the house so I could start my search as soon as possible. I have to find that green file tonight because that's the only chance I will get to find it here.

I closed my eyes shut calmly to act like I was sleeping as I heard the bathroom door open from the other side.

Was he in a debate about if he should tell me about what the doctor said or not? And if he was then why? What could the doctor have told him?

Maybe you are just overthinking Naira. You just think too much about things and you just can't get enough of it.

I heard the muffle of something and realized that he was in his wardrobe as I opened my eyes.

I just hope that the green file is having some valuable stuff inside it which can be useful for them.

I closed my eyes and pulled the comforter even close to me as I heard the wardrobe door open.

Naira calm yourself down and focus on the act of sleeping.

I felt myself stop breathing as the bed dipped making my heart panic while I innerly was repeatedly trying to keep focus on my breathing to get stable.

I felt warm hands pulling some of my hair strands away from my face and behind my ear. Quite some moment later the hand rested on my forehead making me slowly open my eyes with this contact.

I slowly yet acting opened my eyes as I didn't know what was happening. Slowly opening my lids I pulled my pupils upwards to look at the hand.

The hand didn't move from my forehead so I slowly raised my hand and unwillingly grabbed his wrist weakly but right on cue he removed his hand and my bracelet came in contact with his watch which tangled with each other which eventually made me look up in his brownish eyes.

I looked into his eyes trying to find some answers but I don't know why I felt like it was replaced with a wall or was he just like that? Cold in the inside?

But if he is cold in the inside then why would he care for you Naira?

I came out of my thoughts when I felt something getting digged into my skin making it hurt.

I closed my eyes before opening them again to look at my wrist and thankfully he noticed it and made a move to untangle them while I decided not to bother and just lay down back comfortably again. And to make it less awkward I decided to act like I slowly was getting into sleep again.

I felt him taking a hold on my wrist and pulling it upon my stomach slowly before standing up from the bed.

"Remember to take your medicines at ten o'clock, I will be back soon, good night." He said before walking out of the room leaving me alone in his bedroom.

What was that? What was I doing? Did I lost control of my mind or what?

I was thinking about what happened in this dark room until I heard the knob turn which made me close my eyes and start the act of pretending to be asleep.

I heard footsteps and soon I heard the wardrobe door open and the footsteps faded away.

I turned in my position so my face was towards the wardrobe so I could see what he will be doing.

I closed my eyes as fast as possible and then tugged the comforter even close to me when I saw his shadow coming out from the wardrobe.

staying calm I felt him walking closer to me because I could hear some muffling and soon it came from the nightstand. I guess he forgot something.