Chapter 4

Chapter 4

EMMA

My head is throbbing and I haven't even opened my eyes yet. I pinch the bridge of my nose trying to find some hint of relief to no avail.

"I am never drinking again" Lian says, just a little too loud, as she bursts into my room "move over" Flopping herself onto my bed.

"Morning to you too" I mumble turning away from her and burying my head in a nearby pillow still not opening my eyes.

How could she be so awake after last night, I don't remember everything, granted, but I do recall her behavior. I feel nauseous as she moves to cuddle me, almost comforting until I'm poked in my back.

"Ouch, Jesus what was that" I shrug to my elbows finally looking over to my hungover friend who is dramatically wearing sunglasses "are those really necessary Lin?"

"You do understand how bright it is in here."

"Sure it is" and for the first time I really do notice how bright the sun is shining through, "jeez why are my curtains pulled back?".

I'm so annoyed but honestly I can't blame anyone but myself, I guess this is the price I have to pay for the near destructive fun I have.

"Harry must have forgotten to shut them when he brought you back here" I look over to a nearly asleep Lina who has crawled her way under my covers without my noticing.

At the mention of Harry's name I am hit with a flash of choppy and blurry memories from last night. His fingertips on my sides, how held me, the way I wanted him to keep holding me, his jacket around me- I'm still wearing his jacket.

I quickly shrug off his coat and toss it to the end of the bed, unnerved by the flutter in the pit of my stomach at the feeling of his clothing around me. Those feeling shouldn't be happening, not now not ever, I scold myself.

"What was that spazzy?" Lina is just peering up at me, a knowing smirk painted across her face her hand tangled in her hair, leaning on her elbow now.

"What do you mean?"

"Thats his jacket isn't' it?"

"So? What if it is?"

"You know Emma, you two-"

"Oh please don't start with all that again" I beg covering my face and shrinking back into my warm bed.

"I'm just saying Emma, I see the way he looks at you-" I try to protest but she's too determined, shifting to her knees to tower over me "and don't know you think I didn't see the two of you last night. The sexual tension between you guys is ridiculous, I thought you were gonna pounce on him and swallow his face-" now in a fit of giggles at my expense.

I hated the vulnerability of being on the other end of this kind of exchanged. Loved hashing it out but when it came to taking a dose of my own medicine I couldn't bear it.

"Nothing happened, Lina." I try to convince her but to no avail as she rests back on my headboard nodding her head in sarcastic approval "how do you, of all people even remember last night anyway? You were more trashed than I have, ever seen you Lin."

"Guess my boyfriend is better than yours."

"He's not my boyfriend, I don't do that."

"Could have fooled me."

"Seriously, how are you not more hungover?"

"I guess seeing you squirm at the thought of you and Harry together sobered me up."