Chapter 52

Harry

"Jess what the hell are you still doing here?" I ask yet again now that she has managed to inch herself closer to me. The new proximity makes my skin crawl.

"I'm just working out, same as you Harry." She smiles that not so innocent smile at me as she starts to stretch on the mat, conveniently shoving her ass in my face. Really, the space between us is certainly not far enough to make me comfortable. Em is due back any minute with my coffee. Well I hope, she's been gone for ages, but still the last thing I want is my ex girl and my current girl bumping into each other.

Although I don't even think Jess wants that to happen. And here's why.

It was weird as fuck when I saw her enter the workout space merely moments after Emma exited. When she saw me she acted all surprised, but I wasn't buying that. Jess started spouting this shit about watching her leave the building before coming across me.

It's so strange because all of a sudden this girl I once confided in as turned into a sneaky person who seems, I don't know for sure but really seems, like she has some plot to screw with mine and Em's lives. Well especially Em's and that just makes me so sick.

"Earth to Harry." Jess almost yells at me to catch my attention and lightly touching my arm.

Christ, how was I ever attracted to this girl?

"What?" I snap back.

"I was asking you about Em." I'm the only one who can call her that!!!

"Why?" I know I should tell her to stop calling Emma my pet name for her but I can't. I just want to get out of here and having some long and strung out conversation about my reasoning for why she needs to stop is not something I want to get into right now.

"I thought you might actually talk to me if we were talking about someone you like."

"Well you were wrong." Turning away from her and lifting the weights.

"That's ridiculous Harry. If you don't like talking about your girlfriend then why on earth are you together?" Well that was blunt.

Shit! Do I confirm to Jess about me and Em or do I not say anything at all like Emma wants?

"Silence isn't good I take it." She's nearly giggling as she speaks to me, turning to me and placing her hands on hips.

"Whatever Jess." Maybe I'm being a little standoffish but I need this to be over right now. I turn back to focus on my lifting, hoping that's the end of our conversation.

"That's alright. I'll just ask her about it later." What! I nearly drop both weights from my hands as I hear her words. I feel like I have whiplash by how quickly I turn to face her.

"What does that mean?" I ask sternly, knowing the crease between my eyebrows is very prominent as I stare at her.

It might be crazy but my mind is buzzing with possibilities as to why in the world Jess would ever be seeing Emma. Is she trying to hurt her? Just annoy her? Even stalk her? Jesus, what have I unleashed onto my Emma?

"Well wouldn't you love to know." And with that she picks up her bag and leaves. Jess just leaves the gym without a word but that wicked smile that tells me that she's up to no fucking good.

Emma

"Emma, thank god you're here. I really don't know what else to do with her." Sophia says running up to me visibly stressed out. I already know she's referring Jessica, otherwise known as the spawn of satan.