Chapter 35

Emma

"You ok?" Lina says stuffing her face with another piece of her food. I still can't believe she managed to get me out of my room after reading Harry's note. Yes, I needed to have a real meal after days of only eating saltines and minimal sleep but I'm so excited for the clock to strike 8pm that I can barely eat or listen to Lina.

"Hmmmm?" I hum giving her a quick glance before refocusing my attention to pushing the food around my plate. I'm too hyped for tonight. I know I should eat something, have some energy but the anticipation of Harry showing up at my door and taking me out is thrilling.

What is he gonna do? Where is he gonna take me? Does he expect us to end up back at his place? Fuck it, I want us to end up there!

His warm large hands spanning over the length of my body, his lips against the base of my ear, skin to skin as his weight overpowers me, pressing me down against the soft mattress, trailing kisses across my collar bone before refocusing against...

"Emma!" the stern voice from across the table pulls me out of my daydream.

"Sorry Lina, what were you saying?" I ask finally eating some of the food I've been pushing around. It's stone cold. Perfect

"Is everything alright with you?"

"Yeah, fine, why?" I stutter.

I know she knows that something is going on. It's blatantly obvious. I've barely said two words this entire meal. That alone isn't a surprise if I'm honest. Once you get Lina going she can just talk and talk and talk but I'm normally better at listening, even fake listening sometimes but today I just can't get the hang of it.

"You just seem a million miles away." A slightly concerned but overly curious expression crossing her face.

"I'm all good."

"Oh really...?" She states in that knowingly assuming voice of hers.

"Why'd you say it like that?"

"No real reason" she shrugs "just didn't seem so when you ended up on the floor when I came to get you earlier."

"I didn't end up on the floor."

Yes I did.

"Emma you got so startled you literally fell off the bed" she says pointing out the obvious. All I can do is look down at my plate. She's right I was so preoccupied by Harry's note, giddy about what on earth he has planned for later that when I saw her enter my bedroom I jumped and accidentally slipped off my bed. It was like I was falling in slow motion. I felt like an utter idiot but it was for Harry so it's ok.

"What were you reading anyway?"

Oh shit.

I'm not ready to tell anyone. I haven't mentioned this to Harry but we need, well I need us to have some time just to ourselves. He'll understand, right? I'm worried enough that I'll fuck things up between us I don't need outside forces screwing with things.

"Fine, don't tell me" she huffs. "So what do you wanna do tonight? " turning her attention back to her meal.

"Can't tonight?" Don't ask why, don't ask why!

"Em please don't tell me you are going out to Fletcher's again" she whines, placing her utensils on her plate with a subtle clatter. "Please I can't take this thing between you and Harry any longer."

"Lina I'm not going out to drink." Just don't ask me where I'm going. Please!

"Then why can't we hang out?" Oh come on!

"Because I'm busy." Just leave it Lina!

"With what?"

"It's nothing." Come on Lina, I'll tell you...eventually, just not yet.

"Than tell me" she challenges leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms.

"Lina please just drop it" I ask tugging on my oversized cream sweater before taking a sip of my soda. God I wish it was something stronger, maybe I should grab a drink before tonight?

"Come on, hang out with me, it's been ages."

"Only because you and Henry have been all lovey dovey recently."

"You would know what that's like if you only admitted you like Harry."

"Sure" I already have.

"Fine don't tell me. I don't even want to know now anyway." Yes she does.

"Finally." A wave of relief taking over my whole body. She's let it go, we can finish our food and then I can finally get ready for tonight. Oh shit, what on earth am I gonna wear?

There is silence for what seems like forever when it's only been a few minutes. I don't know what to say to her. A part of me wants to tell her that Harry and I are together. I mean what has it been, a few hours but it's the most exciting thing that's happened to me recently, why wouldn't I want to tell my best friend? I'm just nervous, I don't want to tell people and then have it all blow up in my the face when it all goes up in smoke.

"Can I ask you something?" I say nervously looking up at her.

"I don't know, can you?" whoa, bitch alert but I certainly deserve it.

"Please, Lina, I really need your advice."

"What could I possibly advise you on?"

"Lets just say, hypothetically, that I needed something to wear for a first date...tonight" her face lights up as I choke out the last few words.

I've said too much. She won't ever let this go.

"Oh. My. God." she says elongating each of her words. "It's Harry right!?!?! Please, please, please, say it's Harry" she says lifting herself out of her seat as she begs me in excitement.

"I said it was hypothetical" I whine.

She knows me well enough to know that her words are true but that I'm not gonna admit it. Not now at least.

I beg her with my eyes to not inquire any further. My face is flushed and I feel like I might melt into my chair if she asks another question. I might seem crazy for holding back the truth but I just want it to be him and me for now.

We're perfect just us. I want something perfect for at least a little while. Just once.

"Ok so, hypothetically where is this first date taking place?" I have no fucking idea! God Harry and your sweet surprises.

"I have absolutely no idea" I smile as my mind runs through all the possibilities.

"Well is he special? Hypothetically of course."

"Yes, hypothetically, he is very special" my heart flutters as I think of him and his big dimples staring down at me. He's the most special thing in my life.

"Then I'd go for that cute red swing dress paired with those black ankle boots. Covers a lot of possibilities... but of course it doesn't really matter cause this isn't happening, right?"

"Right" I smile back a her.

"You want me to do your make up later?" she quietly offers and I nod. I never thought I would be so excited to go on a date, hell I'm surprised I'm even going on a date to begin with. This night actually has a chance of being perfect after all and it's because of Harry.

____

A/N: Short and sweet and more to come soon. Hope you enjoy!

Vote, comment, and share. 

All the love, C.