Chapter 86

Emma

"Harry!" I call out as I stumble into the entry way and let the door slam shut.

It's cold and my body is sore from carrying my bags. All I want to do crash into the couch and take a nap.

"Mum?" Nothing. "Steve? Twinnies?" Still no answer.

Where the hell is everyone?

I walk to the front room through to the kitchen and dump my bags on the counter. As well as finding a half decent gift for Harry I picked up things for my mum, Steve, and the two little ones.

Thank god, Christmas shopping done.

Just as soon as I sit down at the breakfast bar I hear the kettle whizzing on the stove.

Well someone has to be here if tea's being made.

I'm exhausted having spent much longer walking around then I had initially intended but finding things was so damn hard. Sure I've gotten a little something for everyone which is a success but now I'm so bloody tired even the few steps I need to take to the stove are a real test of strength.

"Emma! You're back."

I virtually jump out of my skin hearing my mum's voice break through the tranquil silence that blanketed the kitchen.

"Jesus mum you scared the shit out of me."

"Language, please" she playfully scolds me stepping into the kitchen herself.

"What the twins aren't here."

"I know but they're at that age, they repeat everything."

"Well I promise to be careful while they're around." I smile at her. "Although you should watch Harry more than me, foul mouth he has," a cheeky smile invading my lips as I remember the naughty texts he sent me just a few hours ago.

"Awe, he is a good kid isn't he?" My mom coos as she pours herself a cup of tea.

"I see he's charmed you into thinking that" I comment sitting back down on the stool.

She laughs at my words. They're true though. Give him a few minutes and he'll charm the pants off even the most stone hearted of people.

"You both seem really happy together sweetheart. I've never seen you so happy."

"Well he makes me happy." I say plainly.

"I know. I'm just really glad you have him." Her voice getting a little choked up towards the end.

"Mum please don't start with the water works" I implore her resting my head on my folded arms on the table. "I know you mean well but I'm so tired."

"Sorry, sorry sweet." Mum smiles at me, rubbing my forearm with her dainty hand. "I'll stop, promise."

I nod, relishing in the quiet, it's almost too quiet in this house especially for being the home with young and energetic kiddies and Harry Styles who is basically a fun loving manchild.

"Mum? Where is everyone." I peer up at her.

"Napping. The twins whipped Harry out, the poor thing. Spent hours chasing him around the yard, having him totter them around until each of them could barely get upstairs. All three of them tucked up in Sarah and Lucas' room now."

I can't help but smile at the thought of Harry sleeping soundly with two little one spread out on top of him. Won't go as far as to say I imagine our future kids but I know he has, he's just that kind of guy.