Chapter 70

Harry

I'm completely dumbfounded.

A few minutes ago she was audibly torn up over the phone and now she is the image of happiness. My girl has glee written all over her face.

"Harry you're out of class early." She beams striding across the hall and taking my hand.

"Come on, you need to help me with my French work, you know I'm shit at languages." She beams, her eyes never leaving mine. "Plus I'm so stressed about the match this weekend so...come on" Em rambles on as she tangles her fingers with mine before looking over at a confused Lina.

"You alright there Lina?"

She only nods in response but I can tell she's holding herself back from gushing at how Em's acting with me.

"You sure? You're acting all weird." Em chuckles but doesn't wait for an answer as she turns to leave.

When we're out of Emma's eye-line I look over to Lina and see her just as confused as I am.

Emma being a giddy and enthusiastic is unusual. That's why I've forgotten how to walk at the moment.

Lina gets a whiff of reality before I do as she gives me a push to follow my girl. Thank god, if it were up to me I think I'd be confused and stuck in the hallway all evening.

I let the door close behind me, ready to question Em on what's gotten her all happy but before I know it she's pushing me against the door, crashing her lips onto mine.

If I wasn't so confused I'd be relishing in the kiss, responding with just as much passion but I can't.

Minutes ago she was talking on the phone full of heart wrenching emotion while Lina and I were arguing and now Emma has me pinned against the door as her lips mold over mine?

Why on earth am I complaining here? I'm a lucky man.

Maybe I should just take this good mood without question. If Em's happy I'm happy...

Right?

This is ridiculous. I have Em's perfect body harshly pressed up against mine and I'm still considering this?

Still my head is a muddle of contradictions. It's only when her arms wrap around my neck and her hips press against crotch that I'm finally pulled from my daze.

I wrap my arms around her waist pulling her even closer but as soon as I do she pulls back biting her lower lip and smiling up at me.

"Sorry" she says breathlessly before planting a sweet kiss on my lips, "didn't think Lina would've appreciate seeing that."

"You sure? She seems to love us being all lovey dovey." I tease, nudging my nose against hers trying to reattach our lips and animate the plan I had when I ran out of class earlier but Em has other plans as she pulls away from my hold once again.

"I wasn't kidding when I said I needed your help with this French stuff Harry." She comments, staring unashamed at my swollen lips as she outlines them with the pads of her fingers.

"But this is much more fun babe." I kiss them as they rest against my lips, her smile getting wider from my action.

My fingers slip under the hem of her shirt, tracing the skin along her jeans. Em's fingertips brush along my jaw as we finally reconnect, sparks flying through my entire body like firecrackers.

I've got her.

I lean back against the wood, bringing her body to rest along mine. Her chest flat on mine, fingers curling around the collar of my shirt showing her need for me, for this.