Chapter 5

Emma

I was so thankful to have the afternoon to myself. Of course I loved Lina, she was my best friend, one of the only people who really knew me but she could be a lot to handle at times, especially after all that Harry stuff she was nagging me with this morning.

Sure I had thought about a world where Harry and I could be together but that would only have happened if he hadn't of left. Yes, it wasn't his fault, I couldn't tell myself that enough but still, that was the moment I changed. It was after his family left where I grew cold and pushed everyone and everything around me until I almost broke.

The sun was dipping down behind the buildings now, pink light streaming through my still open curtains.

For the first time all day I finally feel refreshed. The extra long shower was really needed. Picking up my brush on my dresser I notice Harry's jacket still thrown across the end of my unmade bed.

Why do I feel so weird about it? It's just a jacket Emma.

I tentatively walk over to it and put it on before I can even comprehend what I am doing. The feel of it hugging my shoulders, wrapping around my sides is so comforting but it was just a jacket, why am I filled with a stomach of butterflies right now?

Stop that my subconscious yells at me, you aren't feeling anything, you can't be- I begin to reprimand myself when there's a knock on the door.

"One second" I say, anxiety noticeable in my voice.

"One sec" I struggle to say again as I try to frantically shrug off the jacket and throw it back on my bed, rushing over to my door only to find the green eyes that I had stared deep into only the night before.

"You doing ok Em?" He asks walking into my room.

"Ya, fine, just getting dressed" it is then that I notice I'm only wearing my bathrobe, and not even my fluffy white one that more than covers everything but the deep blue silk one my mom got me when I was accepted to Oxford University.

"I can see that" taking a seat on the end of my bed, "I just came over to see how you were doing after last night."

"What to do mean? Nothing happened between us, I'm fine" I burst out.

He chuckles at my nervousness "calm down, you were just really out of it."

"I'm not nervous Harry" and as if I had asked him to stands up and walks toward me.

"Oh really?"

"Harry why are you here" him still advancing to my still self.

"I just needed something from you." He's now a little more than a few inches away.

"And what would that be" comes out as a whisper, pull yourself together, my subconscious yells but I can't help it.

He waits moment after moment, staring down at me with his beautiful green eyes, a smirk spreading across his lips.

"I only came to pick this up" he chuckles lifting up his jacket that.

The breath I didn't know I was holding is finally released, I can relax as he retreats back to my chair, taking a seat.

"Why did you think I was here Emma?" Still chuckling at me.

"Nothing, just..." walking over to my dresser beginning to brush my hair "nothing".

I eye him sitting in the chair through the mirror, lips curled up on both sides deep in thought. Pulling the brush through my hair I am given an opportunity to just look at him. Brown curls hitting his defined cheeks, broad shoulders covered in that suade coat that looks so good, and ring covered hands that I just wanted to brush against my skin- Emma stop that.