Chapter 28

Harry

"What the actual fuck! Who's this tramp? This is un-bloody-believable!"

Her voice is like nothing I have ever heard before. So cold and pointed. I can't see her face but I can feel the anger and tension radiating through the entire room.

This is a fucking nightmare.

Suddenly Emma shifts pulling me back to reality and away from the palpable anger encompassing the room. Her palms press against my shoulders trying to get up off my lap but this just makes me hold her tighter. She sighs at my response but doesn't say anything, her whole body tensing up in my arms. I know her well enough to know that she is going to completely overreact to this misunderstanding. I know it looks bad but she has to listen to me.

No! I am not coming so close to having Emma to let it all slip away because of one decision. Not. Happening.

***

Emma

"I remember you, you're the girl who was staring at us the other night!" I was most certainly not staring!

"What are you even doing here?"

"I didn't know he had–" comes out as a stutter. Lovely, the first words I manage to say and they come out as a stutter.

I try to get off of Harry's lap but he doesn't let me. I would try to argue with him but I can't even wrap my head around my shock. Of course I have no right to be angry or jealous but I can't help it. I'm devastated.

"Harry please" I say at a whisper so only he can hear. I can hear the desperation my voice, it's pitiful but right now I feel so broken inside I have no strength to sound any better let alone tear myself away from Harry's tight hold around my waist.

He doesn't say anything but rather presses his forehead against my collarbone and shakes his head. Suddenly I'm bombarded with the fact that this is probably the last contact we're gonna have. I wanna hold him close like this for hours but there is no possible way this will ever happen again, is there?

"Of course you didn't" she scoffs, sounding sickeningly comical. "All doe eyed and innocent, you might fool him but you're certainly not fooling me."

That's it. She doesn't even know me.

I hastily push myself off Harry's lap, I feel his resolve to keep me near dissipate and if I didn't need to get out of this apartment as fast as possible I might be disappointed by it. And anyway I have this blonde bimbo to deal with.

"Excuse me but I'm not trying to fool anyone here" I fire back.

"Of course you're not!" Not sounding very convinced with me, not that I thought she would be but still. "I saw you looking at us the other night, drooling over him" I wasn't drooling I yell in my mind "but guess what he's mine and no matter how jealous you get he is never gonna chose you"

Her words pierce me right through the heart. I take a quick glance at Harry without even thinking and see him staring right at me looking terrified but he still doesn't move or say a word.

Well if he's not gonna say anything I'll try and fix this mess.

"Look lady I didn't even know he had someone here" I yell flinging my arm in his direction trying not to seem affected by the nearly naked woman standing in front of me, even though I am.

"Even so you don't have a chance after the night we had." Really classy, good picking Harry.

I am shocked by her words but I am even more shocked by Harry's lack of action. Even if that kiss didn't mean anything to him I thought we were still friends, shouldn't friends stick up for one another? I at least thought we were friends.