Chapter 91

Harry

"Hello you've reached Emma, please leave a message after the beep..."

Her voicemail again. I cringe everytime I attempt to call and get her bloody voicemail. This times the worst though since it's been three hours and still nothing.

"Emma I'm not fucking around here." I seethe through the phone. "Answer your phone, text...someone. I don't care. Just give us something. No one knows where you are and it's scaring the shit out of me not to mention that Sarah and Lucas are starting to notice and that's just not fucking fair Em... Please just... contact someone baby so I know you're alright... I love you."

And I hang up once again.

I can't believe she's gone and done this.

Her mum said that she used to do this when she was younger. She thought Emma had grown out of it but I had this feeling that she hadn't the moment her mum suggested it.

And she's done it. Yet again she's pushing me away to try and deal with all this on her own, inadvertently hurting herself instead of accepting help.

God damn it Emma!

"Is there any place she'd go?" I ask her mum, stopping my constant pacing around the entire house for a second.

"I have no idea, she's never even been here–"

"And that's supposed to make me feel better?" I snap at her. If Em running off isn't bad enough she's gone and done it in a bloody city neither of us know.

At least back in Oxford I know some of the places she'd go. It's not like I haven't dealt with this kind of thing before but we're in fucking Ireland. I have no bleeding idea where on earth she's gone.

I doubt Emma does either which makes me even more nervous.

"All I am saying is she is a smart sensible woman. Sit down for a moment and Emma might just text one of us." Andrea tries to reassure me to no avail.

I huff at her words but I sit down all the same.

How can she be so calm? Her eldest child has gone and run off somewhere and all she can do is sit back calmly and say everything will be alright.

In a sense I guess Andrea might be right... She's dealt with Em acting like this far more than I have but it doesn't make this situation any easier for me.

Maybe I'm being an overbearing and protective prick but you would be too if the love of your life was out all alone, distressed, and very unpredictable. She needs help but she won't let anyone close enough to help her.

"Hawwy wanna play with my legos?" Lucas offers, his face covered with concern even though he doesn't know why.

I open my mouth to answer but nothing comes out. At the moment I can barely keep hold of my phone because of the worry let alone answer the worried little guy.

"Little buddy I'll play." Thankfully his father intervenes, maneuvering himself to the floor and planting his son on his lap as his son begins to fiddle with the small plastic blocks set out before him.

"You know Harry, I might not be an authority on Emma like you are but I'm sure she is alright." Steve tentatively tries to reassure me as he tends to his son.

"Forgive me Steve if that doesn't give me the least bit of reassurance." Seriously I'm trying to remain calm and not snap but it's getting increasingly hard the longer I don't hear from her.

"I know it doesn't but I also know she's a very intelligent young lady and she wouldn't do anything stupid."

"You didn't see her." I tell him flatly.