Chapter 6

Harry

It's been a week since I went to Emma to get my jacket and I caught her staring at me. She was wearing this deep blue silk robe that hugs her curves so perfectly and shows a little too much of her leg than I know she is comfortable with.

I honestly can't get her out of my mind which is confusing as hell.

After that night at the bar I have been completely consumed with the way she looked at me. Her lips slightly pouted, eyes steadily looking into my eyes, the way she leaned into my chest, the feeling of holding her, having her in my arms, it felt so right in the moment.

Maybe you should have just gone for it you idiot.

But she was drunk and I'm not into that kind of shit. Emma wouldn't forgive me for altering what we have... again even though she has never and would never admit it to me. Of course that might not be the case if she really wanted me to kiss her.

Could she feel the same way about me as I feel about her? Of course I have absolutely no idea how I really feel at the moment anyway so...

I don't do the relationship thing anyway, not in high school and not now in uni so why make an exception now?

What we have now is good, things are easy. Our friendship is solid of course it wouldn't seem like that at the moment I haven't seen her that much this week so what do I really know?

It seems like everyone has been so busy this week getting ready for the start of term and then there's me, with absolutely nothing to do but sit and nag my friends to hang out with me. Em and Lina had all the new students moving in, I guess I could have helped just to hang out with her but I can't stand first years, I couldn't even stand them when I was one.

With nothing to do I did consider getting another tattoo at the place Liam works, a sure sign of boredom but then I remembered that Emma insisted she come with the next time I got one and I couldn't let her down, maybe that's a sign that she has some sort of feeling for me...or she just doesn't want me to get something stupid... again.

Gemma says that I am obviously missing something when she called me the other day, saying I should be preparing for my classes or something but I wasn't really listening. I nearly told her about my feelings for Em just to talk about it with someone but I know that the second I tell her I won't hear the end of it until I actually do something about it.

So that leaves me here, sitting in an empty classroom left to my thoughts until this damn class starts, "Conversational French". Mum pushed me to continue with French even though I already speak it fluently.

The only good part about this class is that Em is taking it with me, how she got herself into Conversational French I will never know seeing as she is the worst language student I have met, brilliant in everything else but ask her to learn a new language and she is absolute rubbish.

It's actually nice to have the upperhand on her in something honestly.

The room is starting to fill with students whom I don't really take notice of until I am pulled from my thoughts by someone continuously tapping my shoulder.

Looking up I see her big blue eyes and blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail. She looks flustered and relieved to see me.

"Hey Harold" taking the seat next to me, breathless "how on earth did you beat me here?"

"Em! You know me, just gotta love French." She smiles at my sarcasm "how'd you even get into this-"

I am interrupted by our professor entering and starting the class but I can't take my eyes off of Em in her skinny black jeans, white tee, she looks so casual and naturally beautiful.

"Pay attention" she tells me pushing at my cheek to look up to the front of class as she greets the teacher, almost incoherently, with the rest of the class. I chuckle at her leaning my chin on my hand teasing her with 'I'm better at this than you' eyes, only to get a slap on the arm for my lack of sympathy but I can't help it. She is a fish out of water and it is gonna be so much fun teasing her about it later.

–––

A/N: Ugh I really just wasn't feeling this little filler chapter. I've had such writers block with this part. I have loads of material already written for later on but all the stuff leading up to that I am just blank. I guess the only option I have is putting one foot in front of the other and muddling through it.

I think I will be putting out chapters more frequently again. I was in Boston this weekend so I didn't get to publish anymore.

Vote/Comment/Share but more importantly hope that I get some inspiration for this part of the story so I can get to the juicy stuff!!

All the love and happy spring. C