Chapter 27

Harry

"What the actual fuck! Who's this tramp? This is un-bloody-believable!"

Her voice is like nothing I have ever heard from her before. She's so cold and pointed. I can't see her face but I can feel the anger and tension radiating off her body and through the entire room.

This is a fucking nightmare.

Suddenly Emma shifts pulling me back to reality and away from the palpable anger encompassing the room. Her palms press against my shoulders trying to get up off my lap but I can't let her go so I hold her tighter. She sighs at my response but doesn't say anything as her whole body tenses up in my arms. I know her well enough to know that she is going to completely overreact to this misunderstanding. I know it looks bad but she has to listen to me.

No! I am not coming so close to having Emma to let it all slip away because of one decision. Not. Happening.

***Four hours earlier.

"Come on, let's call it a night" I yell over the hustle and bustle of Fletcher's as I finish off my drink.

"No! We've only had a few pints...and you still haven't hooked me a lady yet" Liam yells as he motions towards the bartender for another round.

"I don't know what you expect me to do Liam" frustrated with his request as I run my fingers through my hair.

"I want you to do that thing you do to make girls fall at your feet but, you know, for me instead."

"Liam, come on let's go, it's not some magical power" I try to tell him but he's had a little too much to drink to be dealt with rationally, and honestly neither am I.

"Do your job and be a proper wingman Styles" slapping the back of my shoulder. "The sooner you put those dimples to work the sooner you can get back to yours and wait for Emma." His alcohol influenced logic is spot on, can't deny it.

Alright now, if I'm thinking Liam is being logical I really need to hold off on any more drinks.

"Fine" raising my hands in defeat "who suits your fancy?" I ask taking another sip of my drink as Liam contemplates the choices in the busy bar in front of him.

***Three hours earlier.

Liam seems to be doing well with the tall brunette I chatted up for him a little under an hour ago.

She's a sweet girl, second year literature student who is completely taken with him. Maybe I do have a superpower, they look made for eachother. At least they do from my vantage point down the opposite end of the bar and four drinks in. She's laughing at something he's said, placing her hand on his arm. Such a subtle yet effective gesture.

Cannot wait until that's me and Emma.

"Fancy seeing you here" an all too familiar voice says from my left. Turning around I see the mop of blonde that can only belong to one girl, Jess. I'm not proud of how I lead her on for the past few weeks but she was around and I needed comfort after the multiple rejections from Emma.

There is really no deep feeling between us, not from my end anyway but I can tell that she wants more no matter how honest I have tried to be with her.

"Well it's a popular place" trying to show little interest in the nicest way I know how.

"Hahahahaha, oh Harry, you're so funny" stumbling over her own feet and sliding her hand down my arm, shoulder to wrist.