1. The New Beginning

A/N: First chapter/part! I hope you enjoy this sinful story!

Edit 11/2/18: This chapter has now been edited and revised.

-

A silent breeze danced gracefully through the quiet city. Moonlight cast down upon the many buildings and households lying still underneath the night sky. Other than the sound of a vehicle occasionally passing by through a quiet street, there was nothing but silence tonight.

You lied in your bed, wide awake. Your eyes slowly scanned around your surroundings, as if looking for something in the darkness of your room. You couldn't sleep, and you figured it was because this was your first time being home alone. Your guardians had left for a few days to visit an old friend who had unfortunately fallen ill. You decided not to go, since you didn't know them, but you had asked your guardians to kindly send them your sympathy.

You sat up, deciding you'd might as well stay up tonight. Glancing at the alarm clock on your nightstand, you realized it was barely 12 AM. That wasn't very late to you, as you've done several all-nighters before. Pulling your covers off of you, you slowly set foot on the soft carpeted floor. There wasn't much you could do right now, besides climb back into bed and stare at the ceiling of course. Perhaps you could watch a movie to pass time? Yeah, maybe that'll work.

Pushing yourself off of the matress, you walked over to your bedroom door and opened it slowly. You glanced outside your room for a few seconds before walking down the hallway, passing the bathroom and your guardian's room. As the living room came into view, you took a quick glance into the kitchen. You didn't feel very hungry right now, and there currently wasn't anything appetizing to you anyway.
Giving one last look at your surroundings, you turned on a dim light switch and made your way towards the couch. Grabbing the remote as you sat down, you drew your thumb over the power button and pressed it. The television screen set atop the TV stand just several feet in front of you instantly turned on, casting an even brighter light throughout the entire room. You then decided to look for entertainment through a media based platform, such as Netflix, but before you could press the arrow buttons to select an application, the local news caught your attention.

"-According to surveyed monsters, settling into a new lifestyle with humans wasn't as hard as they thought. "It's certainly different from life in the Underground," says the former King of Monsters, Asgore. "But I truly believe that this is a new, bright start for everyone. And we have to thank Frisk for that." "

A photo of a youth appeared on the screen, along with a few monsters behind them. Everyone in the photo was smiling and laughing, all of their expressions clearly filled with joy. The news reporter spoke once again: "Frisk, formerly the monster ambassador, introduced humans to monsters, showing that they meant no harm whatsoever." You decided to stop there. You switched to the Netflix screen, waiting for the application to load. 

It has been 9 months since monsters first resurfaced. In the beginning, there was a lot of confusion as of how the Monsters managed to escape the barrier that had kept them sealed away for so long. However, eventually Asgore King of Monsters, and former retired Queen Toriel, explained how the barrier was eventually broken, along with some demonstrated help from the now retired Royal Scientist, Alphys. It took quite a while for everyone, monsters and humans alike, to grow used to it, but over time it didn't seem any different from interacting with one's own race. Monsters have adjusted very well onto the surface world, just like any other humans would. 

Personally, you didn't mind Monsters on the surface at all. You got along with most of them fairly well, and some you could even call your friends. You had always felt somewhat sorry for them, as having to be sealed away underground forever didn't sound very exciting. Of course, this was all caused by a war that took place between the two races long ago. 

Humans were victorious, thus sealing the Monsters away with a magic spell. There was even a legend that said those who climbed Mt. Ebott, the mountain in which the monsters were sealed under, would never return. Several ancient myths have even told about children and several youths climbing the mountain, only to never be seen or heard from again. Whether they were true or not, no one really knew as only 7 of those stories have been approved true by monsters. Though, there was also a story of a village that had caught sight of a monster on the surface. According to the legend, the monster had carried the dead corpse of a human child in its arms. The village inhabitants immediately attacked the monster with everything they had, but it was said to had never attacked back. Brutally wounded, the monster was said to have walked back to Mt. Ebott, merely giving the humans nothing but a weak genuine smile. No monsters were ever reported being seen after that.

But now, all monsters were free, and everything was seemingly running smoothly. But it quite didn't feel right to you. You knew the monsters were hiding something, or perhaps that was just your curiosity getting the better of you? You weren't certain, but something about the whole situation felt off. That kid "Frisk" couldn't have simply climbed the mountain and release everyone just like that. No, it would take a lot more power than just one human child to be able to help the monsters. Of course, with 6 other human souls it seemed like enough strength to break the barrier, but it just didn't feel right. 

The first human to have climbed the mountain, a youth named Chara, was apparently taken in by Asgore and Toriel and raised as their own child. However, Chara soon died from illness not long after their fall. Asriel, the biological son and former Prince of Monsters, then "fused" souls with Chara and proceeded to cross the barrier. What either of their intentions were for crossing the barrier was unknown, humans and monsters only know that the monster reported to be seen in the village must have been the fusion between Asriel and Chara. Of course, only to return wounded back to Mt. Ebott. Toriel, no longer wishing to say further allowed Asgore to tell the rest. All he ever said was that their son Asriel had also died that very day. 
They lost both children in one night.

The rest of history never caught much of your attention. What you really wanted to know was what happened to that youth, "Chara" along with Asriel. Did they both disappear? Did they both reincarnate? What happened to their souls? No one knew, but you always had a feeling that the monsters knew something about it. But... what? What, if anything, were they hiding? And why?

You decided to drop the matter there, it was too late at night to be stressing out and working your mind. You scrolled through Netflix's selection of different categories, searching for something to set your mind off of thinking. Comedy might work, you thought. As you searched the Comedy genre, you selected a random film and relaxed. Maybe there really wasn't anything monsters were hiding, but who knows?