6. Give Them Hope...

A/N: "Kira what the hell? You said you'd upload the rest of the previous chapter yesterday!" I know, I decided to take an hour break before writing again, but the break ended up lasting all day sORRY!! I'll try to start the draft of the next chapter today, but no promises since I'm having internet problems and the next chapter is gonna be pretty long as this one ;-;

-

A few weeks had passed and you constantly went with your cousin over to Frisk's house, and sometimes even by yourself. Sometimes you hanged out with some of Frisk's monster friends; like Papyrus or Sans, who were skeleton brothers. As for you and Frisk, you had both become close friends, and sometimes told secrets to each other. But today, you had a very specific secret to tell them. 

Ringing the doorbell, you awaited Toriel to open the door and welcome you in. Your mind began to wonder how Frisk would respond; would they trust you? Would their opinion on you change? You weren't sure, you'll just have to wait and find out. You rang the doorbell once again, but still no one opened up. Was anyone home? You began to feel impatient; you've been waiting so long to earn Frisk's trust. They had to know something ? Anything!

Suddenly the doorknob turned, and the front door opened; revealing Frisk's familiar form. "Hi (Y/N)! Come in!" You smiled and walked inside, expecting to see Toriel reading or in the kitchen. But she wasn't, you guessed she must be busy elsewhere. "My mom's not home, she's out getting groceries.", Frisk said as they saw your eyes looking around the room. "Ooh, alright. Well, let her know I brought her these." You pulled out a small box of chocolates from your pocket and put it on the kitchen counter. "Sure!", they exclaimed with a grin, grateful of your gratitude. 

"Would you like a slice of Butterscotch pie? I made it myself.", they said as they opened the fridge, a tang of pride in their voice. You nodded your head yes and sat at the kitchen table, watching them as they took 2 plates out of a cabinet. They then cut two slices of pie and put one on each plate. Grabbing two forks they gave you your plate and silverware as they took a seat next to you. You said a kind "thank you" and took a bite of the pie with your fork. It was really good, almost like Toriel's, but without the cinnamon. "Wow Frisk this is really good, you're a great baker!", you said turning your head to them. A big grin appeared on their face as you said your compliment. "Thanks, it's my first one; I'm really glad you like it!" You smiled back at them with a simple, "Of course I would!".

"But um... there's something I've been needing to tell you.", you added quickly. "What is it?" You noticed their smile beginning to fade. "Well, it's kind of a secret.. but I think I should tell you now." Frisk was silent as you spoke, explaining that you had climbed Mt. Ebott to explore while accidentally running into Flowey. They looked concerned as you stated that Flowey had attacked you, but you managed to escape. "But truth is... I just really want to know what happened to Chara, or even Asriel." you finished. You looked back at Frisk, who to your surprise, looked... scared?

^ *(For extra effect/feeling, play the song as you read on) ^

^^^  A/N: Trust me on this one!   ^^^

"Do you know anything about them?", you quickly asked. Don't back down on me now, Frisk please... , you thought desperately. They looked down and gave a quick sigh, staying silent for a few moments. "Well, I do. But I'm trusting you to keep this a secret between you and me only." You nodded, your heart starting to beat faster by the second. "It might sound confusing, but... I can control timelines, kind of..." Timelines...?