53. No Matter Where

As the vehicle came to a stop and parked, you hopped out of the car and straightened your clothes. Chara stepped out after you before you closed the door. Your guardians and relative did the same, and proceeded on locking the car. You stayed silent as you followed your family members through the airport, eventually finding a bench inside that you could rest on. 

There were crowds of people walking here and there, and you decided to wait at the bench whilst your guardians and relative waited in line for the plane ticket. Chara was seated next to you, one leg crossed over the other. There wasn't much to talk about, not to mention that now you two were officially dating. And you couldn't really go anywhere; you were in the airport so take one wrong turn and you'd almost lose track of where you were. 

You and Chara sat in silence, you examining the floor in boredom. You both grew impatient but said nothing, either because of embarrassment or not knowing how the other would respond. But you had to say something, you just had to. "So since things will be back to normal with my relative gone, what do you wanna do?", you asked as you turned your head to look at Chara. "I dunno.", they replied shrugging as they looked back at you.

You both fell under silence, until Chara decided to break it. "At least we won't be interrupted as often, huh?", they pointed out with a smile. You snickered and blushed slightly, nudging their shoulder with yours. Suddenly you noticed one of your guardians approaching you. "(Y/N) can you go check the line on the other side-", (he/she) cut off as (he/she) looked over at Chara. They immediately froze in embarrassment. 

"Oh, Chara it's nice to see you again!", your guardian smiled as (he/she) extended (his/her) hand. Chara smiled nervously and shook hands with (him/her). "Nice to see you too!", they said without trying to sound nervous. "Are you going somewhere?", your guardian asked curiously. "O-Oh, no. I'm just dropping someone off here.", Chara lied with a smile. 

You snickered to yourself at Chara's nervousness. "Ah! Alright! Well it's nice of you to keep (Y/N) company.", your guardian thanked with a gentle smile. "No worries, I can take care of (him/her)!", Chara stated proudly. A few heartbeats later they realized what they said and blushed. "Oh?", your guardian cooed as (he/she) turned to look at you with an eyebrow raised, a small smile on (his/her) face. You blushed and looked away, laughing nervously. 

Your guardian was a little suspicious, but eventually just smiled and let you two be as (he/she) walked back to the line. You stood up as Chara did the same, and you looked to your right at the rest of the airport. Walking past some crowd, you and Chara made your way to the somewhat clearing that led down the airport. Holding hands.

"I really messed up back there, I didn't mean to say that.", Chara stated nervously. "Well, at least my guardian didn't freak out!", you said after laughing a little at their embarrassment. "True, but I am  doing a pretty good job at taking care of you~.", they cooed. You held back a laugh. "More like I'm the one taking good care of you, Chara (kun/chan)~!", you teased in a mocking voice. "Don't call me that.", Chara snickered.

A mischievous smirk creeped up upon your face. "Chara (kun/chan)! Chara (kun/chan)! Chara (kun/chan)!", you sang repeatedly as they kept trying to hush you. Eventually, Chara simply put their hand over your mouth to muffle your words, which actually worked. Neither of you realized that some people waiting in their seats were looking at you two with confused expressions. Well perhaps Chara did, since they were trying to hush you.

After glancing over all the lines, you both made your way back to the line where your guardians and relatives were. Chara went back to your original seats, which were surprisingly still empty, whilst you went to tell your guardians of the other lines. After doing so, you walked back to Chara, who was patiently waiting for you at the seats against the wall. As you approached them, you had a suggestive smile on your face. Sitting down next to them, you kept your head looking forward, but your eyes were locked onto your (boy/girl)friend. 

"Don't.", they said, doing the same thing as you. "Chara (kun/chan)!", you whispered. They groaned playfully, covering their face in their hands. Before you could say anything, Chara suddenly turned to you and exclaimed: "(Y/N) (kun/chan)!"