26. Quiet Love

A/N: Huzzah! I did it again; wrote 2 chapters in one day!

-

You and Chara were walking along the beach shore constantly picking up small shells, the calm tides barely 3 feet away from you. You wanted to show them something, and you hoped they would enjoy it. It was actually the first time you would be doing this with a friend. 

Looking ahead of you, you could see blades of grass in the distance. Glancing over to the right, you saw the beautiful ocean, orange and pink colors being reflected from the sunset. "Y'know, I think this is the first time I've actually even been to a beach.", Chara said breaking the silence. "Really?", you asked surprisingly, looking at them. "Yeah.", they replied calmly. 

Before either of you could say anything else, you finally reached your planned destination. A large grass field hidden behind a few ocean rocks. You walked around the large stones, Chara following close behind. You both kept wandering through the grass a little bit, until you reached the somewhat middle of it. The sand of the beach was only a few feet away from you.

You took a seat on the soft grass, gesturing Chara to sit next to you. They hesitated for a few moments before doing so, but eventually you were both sitting in silence looking out at the last rays of sunlight. You both watched the sun go down, it's bright light sinking into the horizon. Looking up, you could see a dark shade of blue beginning to form; a single small star becoming slowly visible.

Eventually the light of day completely vanished, leaving your surroundings dark. Luckily though, the moon was out tonight so you could still see. The sound of the city was distant, the only sound that could be clearly heard was that of the calm waves. You sighed to yourself before laying backwards onto the soft grass. Chara looked at you for a few moments before doing the same thing.

You both stared at the glimmering stars that lit up the dark sky above you. Sometimes you would both even point out shapes or pictures that you'd see in the shining lights; arrows, animals, items, and Chara even managed to spot a single flower. At one point you both tried to connect all the pictures into one story, even though it didn't make much sense. Honestly, you felt like you could stay like this forever. Just the two of you and the stars; nothing more, nothing less. Well except Twix of course.

Eventually as you both laid there, you figured you must have fallen in love with Chara. But they couldn't feel the same way, they didn't have a soul. But perhaps, like Frisk had explained to you about Flowey, if the emotion was strong enough they could possibly feel it. You knew your determination was strong, but you weren't sure about your love. Only recently have you started feeling this way; not since the first time you two met. ...Or was it?

You turned your head slightly to look at them, only to see their eyes already looking at you. You both immediately stared back at the sky in embarrassment. You could feel yourself blushing, and you weren't sure if you saw a slight red tint on their face too. Suddenly their right hand slowly glided across the grass until they touched your left pinky finger. Neither of you said anything, but personally you were glad it was dark; or else Chara would've seen your deep blush. 

Slowly, their hand began to hold yours as you both stayed silent, listening to the calming waves on the beach whilst staring up at nature's beautiful lights.

-

A/N: Me: *sees you and Chara gently holding hands* "FIRMLY GRASP IT!!!" *smashes your hands together*