58. Hide

Little May - Hide

-

You glanced around the atmosphere calmly, listening in silence to your own heartbeat drumming in your ears. Beneath you was a bed of yellow flowers, softening the ground to the point in which you couldn't feel it at all. You tilted your head upwards, noticing a dim light shining down onto you. It almost seemed as if the light was coming from an opening above you, but you couldn't be sure. Looking side to side, you hesitated slightly before standing up and dusting yourself. 

After taking a few steps forward, away from the patch of flowers, you stopped yourself. You didn't know where you were, as you were surrounded by pitch black. The small ray of light felt like your only source of safety, as if you'd be swallowed by the darkness or any creatures lurking within it if you stepped away. But you were restless, and you didn't want to stay there forever. 

You paced onward into the abyss, until you could feel the warmth of that light no more. Glancing over your shoulder, you realized you could no longer even see it. 

"(Y/N)?"

You immediately faced forward, looking down to where you heard your name be spoken. You were surprised to find none other than Flowey, looking up at you with what you assumed was a distressed or worried expression. "What are you doing here?", he asked in a strangely calm tone, his stem seeming slightly hunched. You locked eye contact with the flower, unable to form words. Does he know this place? 

Flowey was unusually quiet as he waited for your response, staying completely idle. This made you uncomfortable, but you couldn't look away. That is, until you heard your name being choked from behind you. It sent chills up your spine before you managed to turn around towards the voice. The ray of light was visible once again, but the bed of flowers had vanished. Instead it was replaced with a single flower, it's stem twisted slightly backwards as it lied wilted on the pitch black ground. You decided you had just heard things until you noticed that flower slightly twitch. 

Your instincts immediately pushed you to run towards the dying flower, until you stood right at the edge of the light. Looking down, you recognized it as Flowey, but completely beaten and torn. You quickly stepped into the light and sat on your knees next to him, your heart beginning to race as you gently held one hand under his stem and the other under his head to lift him up slightly. You noticed knife-like cuts carved into his face, his petals having chips and slashes.

You held your breath as Flowey hesitantly looked at you, his mouth parted as if struggling for air. He held an expression of complete terror, which caused you to grow worried. "Flowey...?", you managed to speak, hoping he could still talk. But he didn't, he only looked at you as if you were the only visible thing. "What happened?", you asked, trying your best to hold him gently. His mouth quivered before he rasped your name once again. 

"(Y/N)...y-you need to... hide.", he choked, tears welling up the corner of his eyes. Before you could even react, he spoke once again. "I-I was wrong...", he whispered as he began to fall more limp, causing you to panic. "What're you talking about?", you asked quickly. Flowey didn't answer, instead his eyes looked deeply into yours before slowly closing shut, his mouth completely still of moving. Your heart skipped a beat as he went immobile in your hands, and you eyed his form for any movement. Any movement at all.

"Flowey?", you choked, but he didn't respond. You said his name several more times, but you knew he couldn't hold on any longer. You didn't want to believe it, but he died  right in front of you. In your hands. You felt a knot begin to grow tighter in your throat as you stared at Flowey's lifeless body. Only then you realized that he used his last breaths to talk to you. Even though you didn't clearly know what he meant, he still wanted to talk to you. Not to mention how badly hurt he was, which surprised you. 

Flowey was quick and not the kind of flower that you'd mess with, so whoever, or whatever, got him this hurt must have been far stronger than he. Suddenly you noticed Flowey's body becoming dust, snapping you out of your thoughts. All you could do was watch as the small particles fell between your fingers and onto the ground. You felt like you were crying, but when you brought your sleeve up to your face, you realized you had no tears. It was as if you were forced to hold back your sobs when you didn't want to.

It felt like torture, and you weren't sure it was going to stop. That is, until you felt a sharp pain shoot from your back and through your chest. You then noticed your soul, a (F/C) heart, hovering in front of you. It slowly began to crack until you felt whatever hit through you, you assumed some kind of knife or sword, pull back out and cause you to collapse on the ground. You began to cough as the pain grew more intense, before watching your soul completely split, and shatter. 

Before you could react, your vision fell black as you lost all sense of consciousness.

-

A/N: This was originally going to be uploaded on Sunday, sorry about that! Now let's be honest, who got feels? The song I mentioned actually inspired me to add additional description for more feels heheh