16. Caressed by Chara...?

A/N: Wow okay so 2.1 K reads? I can't believe this is happening just- dhahjdkah thanks so much for all the reads, votes, and comments!! Like damn, I can't even think straight. I mean I just wake up in the morning and check my Wattpad notifications and I gotta say, there's a waterfall of tears. I wish I could tell each of you individually a whole paragraph-long reply saying thank you. Just... wow everyone I never thought I would get this far. And this story is barely just beginning. But anyway, have a lazy doodle of how I look every morning! And thanks again, reader!! ;w;

-

Your eyes jolted open, your alarm clock screeching that annoying beeping sound snapping you out of your sleep. You quickly reached over and turned it off, groaning at the sudden noise that startled you. It was 6 AM and you had completely forgotten you had school today. Looking over to your dresser, you saw your laptop laid neatly on top of it. That's when you noticed: you were in your room. Sitting up, you looked over at the door. Weren't you in the guest room with Chara last night? Watching a horror movie and drinking hot chocolate? How did you end up back in your room? Oh wait...

Your guardians...

You quickly pushed yourself off your bed, worrying if your guardians had accidentally found Chara. Walking out of your room, you hesitated before opening the guest room door. The bed sheets were perfectly straightened, and there was no proof that anyone was even in here. Not even bothering to call out Chara's name, you walked down the hallway to your guardian's room. You knocked the door... no response. Opening the door, the bed sheets here were also straightened. Did they both leave already?

Turning around and walking down the hallway, you tried to stay calm as you walked into the bathroom and carried on with your morning routine. Chara didn't leave, right? They wouldn't...

After you finished and got changed, you noticed you were feeling scared. Walking towards the kitchen, you hoped you would see Chara or your guardians there. But neither of them were anywhere to be seen, because of this you opened up your phone and saw a text message from your guardians. Tapping it, it read: "Don't sleep in again, (Y/N)!" 

You felt somewhat relieved; your guardians must have left out to their jobs safely. But then... where was Chara? You called out their name finally, but there was no response. Could they have left? But they clearly stated that they didn't want to associate with humans whatsoever. They were right next to you last night too... That's when a thought hit you. It hit you hard.

We didn't... no. I wouldn't, they wouldn't... would we? No, we just barely know each other! It's too soon, right? But what if we did... No, no that's impossible-

"Boo."

The sudden voice interrupted your thoughts. Literally; it almost sounded like the voice was in your head. You jumped back, screaming in surprise as you leaned back towards the fridge. 7 feet from you stood a laughing Chara, and as your mind processed what just happened, you began to calm down. You felt like a giant weight had been lifted off your shoulders. Even though your heart was racing in your chest from the jumpscare, you were at least glad to know Chara was still here. You started giggling a little bit at how you reacted; you should have known Chara would try and surprise you! 

"Well I see you're finally awake.", Chara said as their laughter died down. "Now I am!", you exclaimed while barely holding back your laughter. "What happened last night? I thought we were in the guest room.", you finally asked. Chara just simply gave you a seductive look. "I carried you to your room.", they snickered. Your mind went blank. They what ?

"What?", you thought aloud quickly. "You fell asleep so I carried you to your room. We don't want your guardians to be suspicious of you now do we?", Chara explained smiling. "No..", you replied looking away. You didn't know why but you felt like you were blushing. Is it because they carried  you to your room? 

...

...

Nah.

"Well, thank you Chara.", you said in a formerly voice for no apparent reason. "If you're wondering, your guardians left to their daily working cylce.", they said as they walked away to the living room. You sighed happily and served yourself some waffles in the toaster. "I know. I have to leave to school in about 40 minutes by the way.", you said while turning on your phone to see the time. "May I tag along?"

Chara's question honestly caught you by surprise. You almost didn't know what, or even how to respond. "B-But there are other humans there.", you said hesitantly. "I know.", Chara said calmly as they looked over to you from across the room. "I'll just stay out of other humans' sight." You looked back at them surprisingly. "Well, if you want to come, sure. Just keep in mind: the humans there are pretty rowdy.", you stated while taking your waffles out of the toaster. "Don't worry!", was the last thing Chara said before looking back at the TV screen.

Surely nothing could go wrong with Chara coming with you, right? They couldn't really hurt anyone, well at least you didn't think so. If they stayed invisible from other people then there wouldn't be much of a difference if they didn't come with you. They won't cause much trouble... right?

-

A/N: There's actually more to this chapter but i'm gonna move it to the next one because this beginning is already 950 words :v Also, sorry I didn't update yesterday I'm having annoying internet problems again; I disconnect literally every 5 minutes. But i'm trying not to let that hold me back! ;ω;

---

Edit: I just realized Chapter 14 also ends with Chara's name... I need to stop doing that lol