25. Reassurance

Toby Fox- Home 

-

You woke up in a coldsweat, and you immediately sat up from your bed. You eyed around your room fearfully. What just happened? Your mind was spinning with confusion. You rubbed your eyes tiredly, and that's when you remembered Chara. You stood out of your bed and turned on the lights. Hesitantly, you opened your bedroom door and walked down the dark hallway towards the living room. It was 5 AM and your heart was racing. Chara was gone.

"Chara...", you whispered to yourself. "What?", you heard a familiar voice call from the kitchen. Seconds later the kitchen lights were turned on, and Chara's familiar form emerged into view. Your heart skipped a beat as they stood there in front of you. "What? You look like you saw a ghost.", they stated eyeing you questioningly. You didn't even know what to say. Weren't they in the Underground? Where were Sans and Frisk? It was all too much to take.

You just merely sighed and hugged them weakly, seeking comfort for what you just went through. Chara flinched at your sudden action, and honestly neither of you expected you to do that. "I'm just glad you're okay...", you said quietly. As much as they wanted to say something, Chara kept their mouth shut. That's when they suddenly felt your hand gently pressed against their stomach region. "You're not hurt, right?", you hesitantly asked. 

Out of instinct, Chara pulled away from you whilst gripping your shoulders. "Whoa, okay no touchy.", they stated nervously. You looked at them and giggled to yourself quietly. "I'm sorry, I was just so worried I wouldn't see you again.", you admitted looking down. Chara stared at you curiously. "The hell are you talking about?", they asked. You looked up at them, confused. "Y-You were in the Underground...", you said nervously. Wait... did Frisk Reset? Your head ached at that sudden thought.

Suddenly Chara sighed. "That was just a bad dream, (Y/N).", they stated calmly. You were lost; there's no way that was a dream! It was far too real, everything felt real. "None of it was real, calm down." You began to overthink at Chara's words. If it was a dream, why did it feel so real? "Wake up (Y/N)!", they said snapping their fingers.

You covered your face with your hands. You were so tired, if all of that was just a nightmare then why was it effecting you this much? "Just answer me this one question...", you paused for a few moments to look at Chara in the eye. "Did you... ever leave without me noticing?" Chara looked at you with a surprised look, then glanced away for a few moments. "Well, to be honest yes. I did leave whilst you were asleep but I couldn't get far; only near the city.", they admitted awkwardly.

Chara's POV

Great, now (Y/N) knows. Good job Chara.

Normal POV

You sighed quietly to yourself. Maybe that's why you had that nightmare; the pulling sensation must have disappeared during your sleep which caused you to dream about it. "Dammit Chara!", you groaned playfully. Even though it was just a nightmare, a part of you wanted to believe it was true. "It was just one time.", Chara said gently. "Well, don't do it again.", you replied patting their shoulder. Walking around them, you stepped into the kitchen and froze. 

Your coffee mug already had coffee in it, steam rising from it. There was also a plate of waffles sitting next to said mug. "Chara what's this?", you called over to them from the kitchen. "Breakfast!", they replied from the bathroom. You laughed a little to yourself. Well, this will surely help you take that dream off your mind. But a part of you just thought what happened did  happen. As if, it felt right in some way. But everyone knows the human mind loves to play tricks. Brushing off the thought, you picked up your coffee mug and took a small sip, surprised at how well it tasted. How did Chara know how you like your coffee? Did they spy on you? Well, they were always by your side.

Your head still hurt slightly, but you tried your best not to get worked up over it. You're just toying with your own emotions.

-

A/N: If you don't like coffee, go ahead and imagine it as any other beverage: tea, hot chocolate, or etc. . I'll upload another chapter today if I don't have a lot of work to do! Also this chapter wasn't based off of the OST "Home", but I decided to mention it 'cause why not? Soo... yeah! You were just dreaming, don't forget it though