29. A Different Life

A/N: Wrote this chapter whilst watching Bambi 2 for the 9000th time, so I was halfway distracted lol. Sorry if it's uploaded kinda late! (And short but c'mon; it's a scenario right?) ;o;

-

Approaching the bench in the middle of the park, you and Chara walked alongside each other talking about all different sorts of things. You also carried a small bag that held a mixture of bird food and seeds. The day was beautiful and there was perfect weather outside. It was somewhat quiet in the city this weekend, which was rather rare. Taking your seats on the bench, the sound of birdsong surrounded you two. 

"It didn't matter to me when I was younger but well... I guess it ended up affecting me harshly.", Chara said hesitantly as you carefully opened the bag of seeds. "Dang, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.", you said concerned. "No need for sympathy.", they replied smiling calmly. Before either of you could say anything else, you noticed a single bird hope into view on the ground in front of you.

You gently held out your hand in front of you, a small patch of seeds laid in your palm. You and Chara stayed silent as the bird cautiously got closer and flew onto your hand. You smiled to yourself as it began to take small pecks of the food in your hand. Slowly, more birds began to land onto your hand as you and Chara watched in silence. Eventually your hand began to grow tired, and Chara offered to try. They held their arm out with a blank expression, staring neutrally at the bird seed in their palm. "Like this.", you said quietly, reaching over to grab their arm and lean it slightly upwards. 

Almost immediately, a bird swooped down and landed onto Chara's hand. Then another, and another. A crowd of birds were surrounding you two as Chara held their arm upwards towards the sky. "They really like you!", you giggled quietly. Chara looked up at the birds swooping into their hand and saw a small pale sparrow latch onto their finger. "Let's name that one (Y/N).", they whispered barely loud enough for you to hear. You smiled and watched a red-chested house finch fly down next to the light-feathered sparrow. "And name that one Chara.", you said quietly. 

You both watched the flock of birds eat from Chara's palm as other birds surrounded the trees. You found yourself gently locking your arms around their left one, and somewhat leaning on them. You guessed you did that out of your "love" instincts, and were honestly embarrassed as hell. Chara smiled gently at your action, not taking their eyes off the birds. You felt yourself blushing but tried your best to hide it against their sleeve. Your right hand leaned downward to hold theirs, and you could have sworn you saw them blushing. 

You both sat in silence, birds singing all around you. It was quite peaceful, and it made you glad you were ever curious to find Chara in the first place. Of course, you'd also have to thank Frisk for that too. It was a nice thought to know that even though Chara was a harsh person, they still had a soft side. They were born human just like everyone else, not a rampaging animal with no self control. That's what humanity didn't understand. It wasn't Chara's fault, humans took advantage and mislead Chara down the wrong path; resulting in their opinion on life. 

And so that's what you  were doing: you were showing them a brighter side of life. The life that they never even got a chance  to live.