50. Fun Of New

A/N: Sorry about the hold on the chapter! ;ω; 

-

The sudden ringtone from your phone caught your attention. Snatching it off your nightstand, you saw that (F/N) was calling you. Answering it, you greeted (him/her) and waited for (him/her) to say whatever (he/she) was going to say. "Hey (Y/N)! Have you heard of the party over at Grillby's?", (he/she) asked cheerfully. "No, I haven't.", you answered calmly. Truly, you didn't know. You weren't very fond of going to Grillby's; a restaurant formerly from the Underground. But you'd have to admit, the food and service there was amazing. You'd visit now and then, but only if you went along with Frisk or another friend. "Well, it's in a few hours. It's for some guy's farewell party from school and everyone's invited." "Are you going?", you asked before (he/she) could continue. 

"Yeah, I mean I hardly know the guy but hey, anything you ask for is on his bill.", you could clearly hear the mock in (F/N)'s voice. "Can you come?", (he/she) asked quickly. "Well...", you trailed off to glance over at Chara, who was sitting next to you on your bed. They were attempting to pull their long sleeve over their hand. "Wanna go to Grillby's in a little bit?", you asked, covering the mic on your phone. Chara stopped their action and looked back at you. They stayed silent for a few moments before shrugging their shoulders with a simple "Sure.". 

"Alright I will. But I won't stay long.", you said as you turned back to your phone. "Alright! I'll see you there.", (F/N) said as (he/she) hung up. You looked down at your phone for a few seconds before turning off the screen and placing it on your nightstand. "So what are you planning?", Chara asked as they turned to face you. "Not much. Probably just gonna sit there like always.", you said smiling. "Have you been there before?", you asked afterwards. "Several times. Frisk never spent long inside though.", Chara replied smiling back.

"Well this party thing will be something new for both of us.", you thought aloud, glancing over to your phone. "Agreed.", Chara spoke in a calm tone. 

-

It was 4 PM, time of the party over at Grillby's. You had gotten yourself ready into a comfortable outifit, along with Chara. Currently, you were fixing your hair as Chara straightend their hoodie sleeve. "Wait a second...", you said as you put down your comb and faced Chara behind you. "What?", they remarked. "What if this is your chance? My guardians could know about you!", you said in disbelief with your own self. 

"What do you mean? How, why?", Chara asked, a confused expression on their face. "What if my guardians know that you're going to the party with me? They'll know you're my friend so...", you trailed off, shrugging your shoulders. "Alright, alright.", they sighed, not seeming to mind your idea. Eventually after explaining your plan to them, you approached your guardians and relative, saying that you'd be going to a party with a friend. One of your guardians were concerned to see your friend though, what (he/she) didn't know was that Chara was waiting outside the front door. 

Suddenly the doorbell rang, and you approached the door and unlocked it. "Hi Chara.", you said smiling. "Hi.", they replied. "Is this your friend?", one of your guardians asked as (he/she) walked to stand next to you. You nodded your head as (he/she) looked back at Chara. "Greetings, I'm Chara.", they greeted, extending their hand towards your guardian. (He/She) looked surprised for a few moments before smiling and lightly shaking hands with your demon friend. "Nice to meet you Chara.", your guardian said, smiling at Chara's formal manners.