10. New Company

A/N: Sorry this chapter was uploaded kinda late, you probably thought I wasn't going to update. I was just at a gathering all morning and now I'm plain out exhausted. Plus, I was in a roleplay and  in a Skype call at the same time while writing this chapter ffffff-  But I can't let you guys down, you need your daily dose of Chara X You sin!! ( ≧Д≦)

-

You were walking up the path on Mt. Ebott, smiling to yourself. 

You had went over to Frisk's house earlier this afternoon. The both of you were excited to know that you had met Chara yesterday. They had told you everything they knew about Chara's personality; how they reacted to certain things, what they liked (besides Genocide), what they hated and etc. Chara actually wasn't that complicated to understand, you used to have friend with a similar personality and...

No, let's forget about that. Move on with you going up the mountain...

Walking through the pitch black darkness through the cavern, you reached the Throne Room and looked around the room as you approached the other side. Looking down the Judgement Hall, you remembered when you first met Chara yesterday. They had told you to leave after you had conversated a bit, but you and Frisk had a different plan up your sleeves. The both of you were on a 'mission' to Save Chara and show them a different life on the surface. You both knew this wouldn't be easy, but with both of your determination, you guys couldn't fail.

Walking down the long corridor, you hoped you would see Chara again. Hopefully they wouldn't hurt you, it's not like they really could anyway. Suddenly to your luck, Chara appeared 6 feet away from you, blocking the path in front of you. "Why did you come back? I recall telling you to get out.", they spoke crossing their arms over their chest. 

"I like visiting this place. Besides, I wanted to drop by and tell you hi again.", you stated calmly. Chara looked you in the eye suspiciously, as if they could sense you lying in some way. "Hm. Greetings again, (Y/N)." They had a sound of annoyance yet respect in their voice. You guessed they were trying to get you to leave them alone; Frisk had told you. "How ya doing?", you asked trying to start a conversation with them.

A look of disappointment was set across their face, as if they knew where you were going with this. "If you want to visit this place, fine. But don't come here just to try and speak with me." With that, they suddenly disappeared when you blinked. You looked at where they stood in confusion, then around the rest of the room. "Chara?", you called out, your voice echoing throughout the hall. They made themself invisible, just like Frisk said..., you thought as you listened to your own voice bounce off the walls.

You couldn't see them, but somehow...you could sense them. You could sense a presence in the room, so you knew they were still here. You might as well wait for them to reveal themselves. 

-

You had been wandering through Waterfall for a while now, constantly kicking small pebbles into the beautifully glowing blue water. The feeling of a presence never left you, so you knew Chara was still following you. You sat down at the edge of a small bridge, looking down at your reflection in the water. "Reflections... they always show the real you.", you whispered to yourself. 

"I'd say." Looking to the left where the voice came from, you saw Chara's reflection appear near yours. They hesitated for a few moments before taking a seat next to you silently. You mentally congratulated yourself. Both of you sat in silence, looking down at your own reflections. You actually liked this; no talking, no exchanging glances, no sound except for the rushing water around you. It was calm and peaceful. You literally almost completely forgot Chara was right next to you.

"Humans are kind of foolish, huh?", you finally broke the silence. You honestly didn't want to, but you came back to see them for a reason. Realizing Chara didn't respond, you kept talking. "Thinking that they can do anything they want without any consequences. Don't they understand life isn't like that?" Chara still didn't say anything; and you were slightly hurt about it. You knew they hated all humanity, so there had to be something you could say about humans to get them to conversate. But what?

Suddenly Chara shook their head. "Humanity has always been stupid. Humans will never change; they will always continue to be naive." Their voice was thoughtful and understanding, which you didn't expect. "Yeah, it kinda sucks we had to be born as one, huh?", you said while slightly looking over at them. Chara quickly looked back at you questioningly. "You don't like being part of your own race?", they asked. You looked back at your reflection before responding and gave a quick and quiet sigh. "Sometimes it just feels like I don't belong. No matter how hard I try, other humans just make me feel left out, y'know?". Truly, you meant that. Your childhood probably wasn't the greatest, so you honestly couldn't blame Chara for hating humanity. What their reason was, you didn't know much. Your reason, however, was a completely different story.

"Indeed. That's why I came down here in the first place." A smile was surprisingly set across Chara's face as they said that, looking back down at their reflection aswell. "Alas, things didn't go the way I planned. So now I'm here, a demon abandoned by humanity, left behind with a place abandoned by Monsters." You stayed silent, watching the calm rushing water below you. "Well, we can only try to avoid reality the best we can.", you said. Chara looked over at your reflection, then back at their own.

Silence overtook the both of you again. Moments later Chara spoke again.

-

A/N: I ship ittttt- Ahem, anyways: so this week is gonna be a really busy one for me. I have alot of work to catch up on since it's getting close to the end of my school year, and I want to make sure I'm up-to-date on my assignments. Perhaps there might be a day this week in which i'll have to skip writing, but it all depends on how fast I can get my work done. But I promise I will do my best to update everyday, and type the next chapters at any chance I can get!