33. Buy The Stars

Buy the Stars- Marina and the Diamonds

^^^

!!(This song goes to Chara's part, so I recommend hearing it since it goes very well with them!)!!

-

A/N: I always wanted to go camping but yo, I don't want no giant spiders crawling all up in my face. Besides, a lot of camping sites don't have proper restrooms. Honestly guys, I'll go anywhere on planet Earth as long as there is a proper restroom. That's all I care about... and safety but y'know.

-

Stepping over another large patch of leaves, you and Chara continued making your way through the forest. It was late afternoon, and Chara suggested to go camping since the supplies in the garage had been sitting there for quite a while. You hadn't gone camping for a while now, last time you did you came with your guardians. You were much younger too. But that's where you were heading; a small clearing in the middle of the forest with a beautiful view of the sky and other trees. It was somewhat atop a small hill, so if you looked ahead, it almost seemed like a sea of trees. 

"And... we're here.", you said taking one more step up the hill and sighing. You took a moment to catch your breath and adjust the camping supplies around your shoulder. Chara simply walked passed you and paced to the edge of the hill, looking out silently at the trees below. You stood up and stretched slightly as you walked to the middle of the clearing and carefully put said supplies down on the soft grass. Looking over at Chara, you walked up next to them and looked at the calming sight. It almost reminded you of the time when they first set foot out of the Underground.

"Let's set up the camp.", Chara stated as they turned around and walked towards the supplies. You looked out at the forest for a few moments before facing back to the clearing. "Say, Chara?", you paused for a few moments for them to respond. They looked up at you whilst still opening the tent's packaging. "Do you know anything about the monster skeleton Sans?", you finally asked, saying Sans's name rather quickly. You began to grow nervous as Chara suddenly paused their actions, and looked at you with a stern expression. "That comedian skeleton?", Chara remarked.

You nodded your head slowly, nervous about their response. "Well, he puts up quite a FIGHT that's for sure.", they said, their tone returning normally. "He's more than he seems at first glance. He knows all about Frisk having the ability to reset, I'm not sure if he knows about me though.", Chara explained, snickering at the last sentence. You gave a small, quiet sigh to yourself. You weren't sure if you were relieved that Sans didn't know about Chara, or if that would just cause another problem. Your nightmare had paralyzed you about the thought of Chara and Sans coming across each other.

"What's wrong?", Chara's question suddenly snapped you back to reality. You looked up at them, realizing you had been staring at the floor nervously. "Well, what would you do if you somehow ran into him?", you asked without thinking. Chara looked away as if they were thinking. "Nothing.", they replied looking back down at the tent. You were rather taken aback by their response. "Just like Frisk, there's no point in trying to hurt him.", they added. "Wait... you've seen Frisk?", you asked, trying your best to hide the concern in your voice. "No, but they know I'm here. The little brat's soul is traumatized from my control; they'll notice I'm around.", Chara shrugged afterwards. 

There was a few minutes of silence as you and Chara began putting up the tent and stabling it down into the ground. "Are you friends with Frisk?", Chara suddenly asked. You stared at them nervously, not knowing what was the "right" answer. "Well, we used to hang out...", you said nervously. Chara looked at you like they knew you were hiding something. "Yeah, we're friends.", you stated sighing, worried about how they would react. But they already knew you had talked with Frisk before, how else would you know how to find them in the first place? "Hah, well if you happen to see them again, tell them I said a greeting.", Chara finished smiling. You were still a little nervous, but you couldn't help but smile at them.

It was sunset, and after finishing the tent and gathering enough firewood, you and Chara sat in your chairs by the small fire. You both talked about whatever had came across your minds, but as soon as the sun started to fade from view over the horizon, you both suddenly went silent. "So uh... know any stories?", you asked awkwardly. "Once upon a time there were two friends; one younger and one older. The older one wandered off to find a soulmate, leaving their friend behind. After a few months of being ignored, the younger one figured it wanted the older one only to itself, and killed the older one's soulmate. "Why?", the older one asked. "Because I love you, and this is how I show my love to you.", the younger one replied. From then on the older one was forced to stick with the younger one, eventually going numb to the thought of the two ever being real friends. Fin."

You looked at Chara slightly mouth-gaped. "Deep.", was all you could manage to say. "The story has an epilogue.", they added quickly whilst looking at you. "Really?", you asked. "The younger one killed the older one, then killed itself because it no longer lived in eternal love with it's friend.", they said almost immediately. "Damn, where'd this story come from?", you asked curiously. "My village where I was born. Myths and legends were all you would hear back then." You noticed Chara had literally just sighed that. "Do you know if any of them were true?", honestly by now you were just amazed of these old stories. Chara simply shook their head no wearily.

"It's getting dark.", they said changing the subject. "Yeah, we should make the s'mores now!", you suggested while standing up. Snatching the crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows out of the tent, you quickly returned back to the campfire and sat at your seat. You and Chara began roasting the marshmallows in silence. You were already on your 3rd s'more when you realized Chara had zoned out, their marshmallow being completely burned. "Chara?", you said waving your hand. They quickly looked up at you, snapping back to reality. "Sorry.", they murmured. You smiled and chuckled as they replaced their burnt treat with a new one.

After eating possibly over 9000 s'mores, you suggested to star gaze once again. It was complete silence, the only sound coming from the slight breeze through the trees. Checking your phone, you realized it was already 12 AM. "We should get some sleep.", Chara suddenly said, sitting upwards. "I thought you didn't sleep!", you replied mockingly as you sat up and dusted yourself off. "Yeah but still." Without another word Chara stood up and put out the campfire. You yawned as you stood up aswell, and waited for your friend to finish. Growing bored and tired by the second, you bent down and walked into the tent, opening your sleeping bag to the left side. Not long after, Chara joined in aswell.

They laid down in their sleeping bag, which was to the right. You got comfortable and opened your eyes, only to find you and Chara facing each other. You smiled at them, and moments later they did the same. This was actually really awkward to you. Suddenly you found yourself moving a strand of their hair out of their face. They flinched at your action at first, but eventually just giggled and turned around. Smiling to yourself, you did the same and yawned as you waited for sleep to overcome your body.

-

A/N: Yet again was going to be uploaded last night but cri ran out of time ;v; Here it is now though! Also... why tf  didn't you hug Chara??? Perfect moment to do so smh. Oh, and did you actually hear the song? It'll give you a hint to the main plot too.

-

Edit: Okay so Wattpad is hating me so it won't let me edit the video. So apparently you'll have to be sent to YouTube to hear the song but still, it's worth it, trust me!