5. Determination

A/N: So there was no new chapter yesterday, I know. Why? Well it's kind of self-explanatory; I hate Mondays. I'm always both busy and lazy on Mondays, so just giving you guys a heads up lol. But!! I did spend an hour watching the thunderstorm/rain outside yesterday, and it filled me with DETERMINATION to write! So here you go!!

*Also! [C/N] stands for Cousin's Name!

-

You spent the rest of that day hanging out with So Sorry and telling him what you saw. He didn't know anything about Flowey, but he was glad you at least came back safely. You had already once asked So Sorry, including other monster friends, if they knew anything about Chara and Asriel, but neither of them knew anything. Frisk might be your only hope.

-

The next day, you decide to hang out with your cousin at Frisk's house after school. You were kind of nervous as your cousin's parents drove you both there. You truly don't know what will happen as soon as you get there, but you might as well take it slow. And before you know it, the car skids to a halt in front of Frisk's household. Your heart began to beat quickly as you wave goodbye to your aunt and uncle as they drove off, dropping you and you cousin off at the doorstep. "So how many times have you been here already?" you ask your cousin before ringing the doorbell.

"A few times. We usually play games or help each other on homework." [He/She] responded, looking at you with beaming eyes. You gave them a small smile, and rang the doorbell. You began to sweat slightly. ...No wait, on second thought, maybe you could just text-

The door slid open slowly, revealing a female monster looking down at you and your cousin with gentle, motherly eyes. This must be Toriel. She was wearing a indigo robe with white sleeves, and a symbol stitched into the middle of the cloak. Wait... haven't you seen that symbol before?  "Greetings, [C/N]." Toriel spoke in a gentle, soothing voice. You had opened your mouth to speak, but your cousin beat you to it. "Hi Ms. Toriel! I brought my cousin [Y/N] along if that's okay?" Toriel gave you both a welcoming smile. "Of course! Come on in!" She moved to the left and allowed you and your cousin to walk inside as she closed the door behind you. "Thank you, Ms. Toriel.", you said quickly, trying to make a good first impression. "No problem." She responded calmly. "Frisk! [C/N] and their cousin are here!" Toriel called out to the staircase. "Coming!~" called a voice from upstairs. You gulped. It's Frisk's.

"Would you like something to drink?" The sudden question snapped you back to reality. Your cousin shook [her/his] head no, while you asked for water. As Toriel left to the kitchen, footsteps could be heard upstairs getting closer and closer.  Your cousin kept looking at the staircase, waiting for Frisk's form to emerge, while Toriel came back and gave you your glass of water. You said a quiet "thank you" and Toriel simply responded by saying "Make yourselves at home!", and walking off into another room.

"Hi [C/N]!!" Frisk greeted as they walked down the staircase. "Hi Frisk!", your cousin greeted back. "This is my cousin, [Y/N]." [He/She] stepped aside so you and Frisk were face-to-face. "Howdy! I'm Frisk, nice to meet you [Y/N]!" They said rather excitedly, reaching their hand out for you to shake. "Nice to meet you too, Frisk!", you said as you shook their hand. Honestly, you were really nervous and you tried your best to sound excited as possible. But alas, a slight tang of anxiety could be heard in your voice; hopefully no one noticed. 

"So what do you guys wanna do?" Frisk asked, looking at the both of you. Your cousin shrugged, and you stayed silent. "How about a game?", you suggested finally. "I have Monopoly, we can play that." Frisk added. "Okay!", your cousin exclaimed. Frisk and your cousin suddenly turned towards the staircase and walked up, you following close behind. The 3 of you walked down the hall until you reached Frisk's room door and walked inside.

Their room was rather simple, but hey, at least they accepted you like a new friend. Well, at least you thought so. Frisk took Monopoly out of their cupboard, and laid the board game down on the floor. You sat to the left of Frisk while your cousin sat to their right. You each chose your tokens, but before Frisk could roll the die, your cousin quickly sat up. "Hold up, I need to use the restroom!" [He/She] said as they speed walked out of the room. Frisk giggled quietly. Okay, now what??, you thought in silence as Frisk examined the game board.

"So.. Frisk. How you been?", you finally broke the silence, turning your head towards them. You didn't want to seem too sketchy to them, so you decided you might as well start off small and see where this goes. "Pretty good. Besides constantly being asked questions about the Underground of course, heh." they looked back at you. You both gave a small laugh. So far so good. You might as well try to conversate with them as much as you could if you wanted them to trust you. But that's the problem; trust. Trust takes time, how long it would take, you didn't know. But you hoped it wouldn't take too long.

-

A/N: Welcome aboard this sinful story, Frisk! (and Toriel lol) But hold on, this chapter isn't over yet! There are already 940 words in this one, so I'll continue the rest of this chapter in the next one. So that means the next chapter will be kind of short, but just pretend that it's still on this page. Also my sibling wants to play online with their friend so I really have no choice but to transfer the ending of this chapter into the next one; (we share the laptop lol, we have separate Windows accounts though, of course) So... yeah! The next chapter/ending of this chapter will be published later on today!!