31. A Helping Hand

A/N: Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't have a TV in their room-

(F/M) means Favorite Movie!

-

You tried pushing yourself to sit up out of bed. As you did so, your eyes became weary, and your room almost seemed to be spinning. Groaning at the sudden movement, you clashed back onto your mattress roughly. Suddenly your slightly opened room door was pushed open a little more to reveal the one and only Chara at the doorway. You both stared at each other for a few seconds until you looked away and sighed into your pillow. "Are you feeling any better?", Chara asked as they approached the side of your bed.

You shook your head no hesitantly, covering your face with your pillow. "You shouldn't be so near me, I might get you sick.", you mumbled into the soft cushion, sniffling afterwards. "I can't get sick.", Chara stated neutrally.

Chara's POV

It's been 2 days since (Y/N) had fallen ill. (He/She) seemed to be recovering well yesterday, but I suppose things went downhill from there. Sneezing and coughing was all you would hear coming from (his/her) room last night, and I'm surprised (Y/N)'s guardians managed to sleep. Not like I  was trying to sleep anyway, I don't sleep. Besides that though, (Y/N) apparently caught a cold. Ugh... humans and their stupid illnesses.

"What time is it?", (Y/N) suddenly asked. I glanced over to (his/her) alarm clock and read aloud: "10 AM". "You're awfully late for school.", I said afterwards. "I'm sick, Chara! As if I can even manage to get dressed!", (Y/N) laughed weakly. Seeing (Y/N) sick honestly makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable, as if I don't like (him/her) being ill. Perhaps this is the emotion of concern...? I can't recall.

"Can you check in the kitchen for a cold medication please?" I looked down at (Y/N)'s face that was covered by a pillow. Sighing to myself, I turned on my heel and walked towards the kitchen. Checking the cupboards, I eventually found a container with the label "Cold & Flu Reliever". I suppose this is the one (Y/N) was asking for? Reading the back, apparently humans at (Y/N)'s age would need two tablespoons. After picking up a spoon from another cupboard, I carried both items to (Y/N)'s bedroom and held them in front of (him/her).

(He/She) pulled (his/her) pillow off (his/her) face and looked at said medication, then at me. "Do you need help?", I asked while holding the spoon in one hand. (Y/N) stayed silent for a few moments before pulling (his/her) blanket closer over (his/her) body and looking to the side. "No thanks, I can do it.", (he/she) said quickly as I handed (him/her) the container and spoon. I noticed (he/she) was... blushing? 

Walking out of (his/her) room, I reached the living room and bent down at the movies set neatly against each other. "What's your favorite movie?", I called over. "(F/M)", (Y/N) called back after a few moments of silence. I looked back at the movies and read all titles until I found (F/M). Carefully pulling it out and making sure no other discs would fall over, I stood up and walked back to (Y/N)'s room. (He/She) explained how to set (his/her) TV's screen to the DVD player, and it was somewhat complicated. But whatever, I managed.

(He/She) thanked me, but then I realized (he/she) hasn't really ate anything. And from what I know and remember, the human body doesn't function well just on medication. "Are you hungry?", I asked hesitantly. I don't know why I said it that way, but damn, I'd kick myself in the face if I could. "Kinda.", (Y/N) replied quietly. I'm pretty sure one of the best things to eat when ill was soup, surely (Y/N) has some? Without saying anything else, I walked to the kitchen and opened the pantry. Eventually I found the cans of soup, and the label seemed pretty simple.

After grabbing a pot and putting in a cup of extra water, I poured the cold soup into it and waited for it to boil. After 10 minutes of waiting and constant stirring, the soup was ready and I carefully slipped it into a bowl. Setting a spoon into it, I cautiously walked back to (Y/N) and set it on the nightstand next to (his/her) bed. "Chara you didn't have to!", (Y/N) said before coughing quietly. "You need to eat something to get better.", I stated gently. Christ, I need to stop talking like that.

"Well, thanks.", (he/she) said sighing to (him/her)self. "Anything else you might need?", I asked standing up straightly. "No, that's pretty much it. Thanks Chara.", (Y/N) thanked, giving a small yawn afterwards. "My pleasure.", I replied smiling. We both stayed silent for a few moments until I decided to leave (his/her) room. Part of me was hoping (he/she) would stop me but "luckily" (he/she) didn't, and I walked silently into the living room. 

(Y/N)'s backpack caught my eye in the corner of the room. (He/She)'s missed 2 days of school already, and from what I've seen, (his/her) instructors give out lots of work. (His/Her) homework will end up piling and piling until (he/she) gets back to school. Opening (his/her) backpack, I carefully took out (his/her) agenda and looked inside. Apparently there was 4 assignments for each subject. Doesn't seem too challenging. I might as well start off with (his/her) Math. 

Opening the textbook to the assigned page and turning to the next clean sheet of paper in (Y/N)'s math notebook, I grabbed a pencil and started on the first question.

...

What the hell is this?

I don't recall learning this when I went to school. The hell?! Ah forget it, I'll just take the answers from the back of the textbook.

(-Time Skip-)

Eventually after finishing all of (Y/N)'s assignments, I walked back to (his/her) room to check on (him/her). Carefully opening the door, I looked over at (him/her), only to find (him/her) sleeping. I sighed quietly and turned off the DVD Player and television screen. Glancing over at (Y/N), (he/she) was curled up in a somewhat ball. How cute.

...

Carefully grabbing (his/her) bed sheets, I covered them until over (his/her) shoulder. To my relief (he/she) didn't wake up. Which was great, or else this would have been embarrassing. I leaned down slightly, and put a small... ahem, let me get my script right...

Kiss, on (his/her) forehead. Thankfully (he/she) still didn't wake up. Picking up the empty bowl on the nightstand, I walked silently towards the doorway. I paused for a second and looked over my shoulder at (Y/N), calmly breathing as (he/she) slept. Smirking, I closed the door and walked down the hallway.

-

A/NFun Fact: In original planning, Chara was supposed to leave to the store to buy you chocolate and/or flowers.