43. Roomies

One of your family relatives would be spending the week at your household. That slightly annoyed you a bit, but luckily (he/she)'d be out all day with your guardians. You weren't sure if your guardians would make you tag along though, and you were honestly hoping you won't have to. Your relative would also be sleeping in the guest room, so you and Chara were currently talking about that.

"So for the whole week huh?", Chara asked. You nodded in response. You offered them to stay in your room, which was a little awkward at first. "Well alright then.", they agreed smiling. After a few moments, the door bell rang. You stood up to straighten your clothes as Chara walked to your room. You placed your hand on the doorknob and unlocked the door to reveal your guardians with your relative. 

"Hi (Y/N)! Oh I haven't seen you in a while!", (he/she) said as (he/she) hugged you. You hugged back and let go after a few moments. "You've really grown!", (he/she) stated as (he/she) eyed your form. You smiled nervously as your guardians began to talk with your relative about family vacations and embarrassing things that happened to you. Eventually you managed to slip away from the conversation, and you made your way through the hallway and into your room. You closed the door behind you as you slumped against it. Chara was sitting on the floor, for who knows what reason. 

"So? Is (he/she) here?", they asked. "Yep.", you sighed as you sat next to them shoulder to shoulder. You both laid your heads against each other, hearing your family members chatter from down the hallway. You and Chara were bored out of your minds. It was barely past sunset, and there wasn't much you could do in your room at the moment. You noticed Chara yawn quietly, which eventually had you yawning afterwards. "Dammit.", you murmured. Chara smiled at your response as they gently pushed your body sideways onto the floor. They laid on the soft carpet next to you, which surprised you for a split second. 

You had no idea why you were both laying on the floor when you could lay on the bed. But that's when you realized... that'd be awkward. They booped your nose playfully, which made you smile. You booped their nose back, but before Chara could do the same, footsteps could be heard getting louder as someone neared your room. You immediately sat up, and Chara zoomed under your bed in the blink of an eye. Sighing quietly, you opened your door after you heard a knock. "Dinner's ready, come and eat.", said one of your guardians as (he/she) walked down the hallway. Taking in a deep breath, you walked after (him/her) and into the kitchen.

-

After dinner, you told your guardians and relative goodnight and headed to your room. Switching on the light, you almost laughed at the sight of Chara shuffled under your covers. They peeked out from under the bed sheets, you immediately recognizing their glowing red eyes. "What are you doing?", you snickered, finding their position childish. "Err... nothing.", they replied, covering the bed sheet over their eyes again. You laughed a little as they continued to shuffle underneath your covers. 

You pulled the covers off of them to find them curled into a ball. "Chara!", you exclaimed as they refused to get up. Glancing over to your alarm clock, you realized how late it really was. You wouldn't mind staying up, but your relative was in the next room, so you didn't want to risk it too much. Chara eventually made themself a pile of blankets and pillows to lay on, while you laid on your bed. Before switching off the light, you glanced over at them. This was your chance to find out what Chara does to stay up all night. You could just ask them again, but you knew they wouldn't tell you a word. So, you would have to pretend sleep.

"G'night Chara.", you said before turning off the light. "G'night.", they replied as you climbed into bed. You got comfortable and relaxed, but you kept your eyes slightly open to look over at them. Now, you would just have to wait.

A/N: I actually yawned when I wrote that you and Chara yawned lmao. Time to find out what Chara does at night~