59. Happy Birthday!

A/N: Today Undertale officially turns 1 year old! Golly, time sure does fly doesn't it? And what better way to celebrate than with this chapter? (Well maybe except a lemon, but that's for later!)

Scenario requested by several people!

-

Your eyes snapped open. You quickly scanned your surroundings, and recognized your own room. Sitting up, you glanced at your alarm clock.

6 AM.

You stretched your arms and groaned at the stiffness in your bones. You didn't feel like getting up, so you decided to lay back down. Getting comfortable under your bed sheets, you yawned and closed your eyes, hoping to get a few more minutes of sleep. Of course, your plan was interrupted as your door slammed open. Before getting a chance to react, you recognized none other than Chara dashing towards you. 

You gasped and pulled your covers over your head, awaiting the pressure of them toppling over you. But it never came, so you hesitantly peeked above your sheet. Immediately, Chara blew into a party horn next to you, which caused you to jump in surprise. You looked at them in a shocked yet confused expression, your heart beating rapidly in your chest. As you opened your mouth to speak, you were interrupted once again as Chara raised their arm and honked an air horn. 

You screamed before you covered your ears with your pillow. They continued honking it for a few seconds, and you could swear the whole neighborhood could hear it. Once you heard silence, you carefully moved your head away from your pillow and looked up at your (boy/girl)friend. They had a cheerful smile on their face, which was rather rare in some cases.

"What the hell was that?!", you exclaimed, a smile creeping upon your face. "You don't know?", Chara asked as they tilted their head slightly. You thought for a few seconds, only to have them answer for you. "Pfft! Your birthday, duh!", they cockily remarked. You mentally face palmed for not remembering. Right, your birthday. Honestly, you just wanted to sleep right now.

"Happy birthday (Y/N)!", Chara cheered as they pulled you out of bed. "Thanks.", you groaned wearily. "So do you have any plans today?", your (boy/girl)friend asked. "Well I'm gonna have a party, but..." "In that case, you should get going. I'll take care of everything!", Chara exclaimed. You smiled at the enthusiasm in their voice. "I could help y'know!", you added. Chara shook their head. "No, no. You just... go out and enjoy yourself while I set everything up.", they said. "Are you sure?", you laughed. 

"Yes, just be back around... 3 PM. Now get going!", Chara shooed you away as they led you out your bedroom door, closing it halfway behind you. There was a moment of silence before you spoke. "Y'know you just kicked me out of my room right? My clothes are in there.", you stated as you could barely hold back your laughter. 

-

"Greetings, Frisk."

The sudden voice startled Frisk as they spun around to face whoever spoke. On the opposite side of the kitchen table stood none other than Chara. Frisk gulped and closed the fridge behind them, pressing their back towards it. "Hey Chara.", they choked, their face showing a worried expression. Chara couldn't help but smile at their reaction. "How did you get in?", Frisk asked, relieved that Toriel wasn't home. "Unimportant. I came to ask you for your help.", Chara spoke directly.