48. Keeping You Here

A/N: 63 followers, 21K reads, 1K votes, and 1K comments? How did this even happen? I am in complete astonishment and joy everyone, I couldn't have gotten this far without each and every one of you!! In thanks, your lemons will be coming up sooner than planned! I just- gahh I'm so glad you all enjoy this story! ;w;

Scenario requested by several people!

-

You held back your laughter once again as Frisk had just texted you another pun. It was late afternoon, and you and Chara were sitting in your room. You had spent most of the morning simply texting Frisk, internally laughing at each other's jokes. Chara knew you were talking to the young monster ambassador, and they didn't seem to mind. But if they did, they were doing a really good job at hiding it.  

Suddenly one of your guardians opened your room door, looking over to you. Chara looked up from the laptop as you looked up from your phone, you both looking at (him/her). Chara had the laptop in their lap, which got you worried that your guardian would see it hovering, but they were in the corner of the room so luckily the door was blocking them. 

"(Y/N), can you go take your cousin (C/N) over to (his/her) friend Frisk's house?", (he/she) asked. You sighed but agreed, knowing how disappointed (he/she) would get if you didn't do so. You were already in clothes to go out, so you didn't have to change. As your guardian left the doorway, you looked back at your phone to text Frisk that you'd be coming over shortly to drop off your cousin. (He/She) didn't live too far from your house, and neither did Frisk so you could easily walk there. Sitting up from your bed, you glanced over at Chara, who's eyes were already on you.

"Are you gonna stay over?", they asked as they carefully closed the laptop and put it aside. "No, I don't think so.", you replied hesitantly. Chara stayed silent as they squinted their eyes at you. "You sure?", a tone of unamusement could be heard as they spoke. You looked away from them awkwardly, then glanced down at your phone to see Frisk had texted you "Okay!" 

"I'm only gonna drop my cousin off.", you stated, not being too sure if you'd actually be staying over there a bit. "Do you wanna come?", you asked quickly before they could say anything. You immediately wanted to take the question back, since you knew Chara didn't want to be anywhere near Frisk. "No thanks, I'll stay here.", they responded calmly. You mentally sighed at yourself for even bothering to ask such a question. "Well, I'll be back. If I'm not here in 30 minutes then I probably ended up staying.", you stated smiling. 

"Alright. I'll be here.", Chara replied. You both told each other bye, for now, which you haven't done in quite a while. As you walked out of your room and down the hallway, you began to feel bad for leaving Chara behind. Well you knew you weren't doing so because you wanted to, they decided for themself to stay here. But you couldn't help it, since you had also been texting Frisk all morning. Perhaps when you get back, you can figure out something you can both do together. 

-

Chara's POV

It's almost been an hour and (Y/N) still hasn't come back. (He/She) sent me a message to my Skype account on the laptop, apparently stating (he/she) ended up staying. I'm surprised I'm doing okay, with (Y/N)'s determination not being near to me. I've been completely bored this past hour though, not to mention all morning but what can I say? (Y/N)'s relative is always talking in the living room; it left (Y/N) and I trapped in (his/her) room. For (him/her), I'd say (he/she) was having fun by (him/her)self just talking to Frisk.