28. Hold Onto Me

A/N: I was going to upload an actual chapter yesterday, but I'm a sack of lazy bones =v= Also!: this chapter might seem kind of confusing, so keep in mind that you have a backyard pool!

-

It was quite hot outside today. Even though it was already dark, heat still subsided in your environment. You and Chara were currently laying on the couch, staring blankly at the TV screen. "Why is it still hot outside, it's already night!", you groaned in annoyance whilst stretching. "Beats me.", Chara replied tiredly. You sighed into the cushions, bored out of your mind. The hot weather had drained most of your energy, and Chara obviously was out of ideas. 

You looked back at the television screen, then to Chara. Their eyes were closed. Were they tired? You could recall Chara once telling you that they can't grow tired. But you guessed they were slowly starting to feel, even though they didn't have a soul. "Oh wait a minute! I have a pool in the backyard!", you said sitting up slightly. Chara remained in their comfortable position and opened one eye to look over to you. "You hadn't thought of that earlier?", they asked wearily. "No.", you replied slightly disappointed in yourself.

"I probably should have told you then.", they said closing their eye again. "Why didn't you tell me?", you asked playfully. "I thought you knew.", they snickered. You gave a slight "Pffft" at their words. Looking over to the backyard door you could see the small lights in your pool turned on. You smiled and looked back at your soulless friend. 

-

After getting into your bathing suit, you and Chara went outside. Chara didn't want to go in, of course, rather they offered to at least sit at the edge of the pool. Honestly, you were embarrassed to have Chara look at your slightly bare body. But you tried your best to keep yourself from blushing or thinking anything... wrong. "Do you know how to swim?" You asked, turning your gaze over to Chara before you got inside the water. "Not exactly.", they replied calmly as they took a seat against the pool side. 

As you stepped into the water, your body immediately began to cool down. You sighed in relief at the sudden feeling. "Why don't ya get in?", you asked from across the pool. "No thanks, I'm not a huge fan of being in water.", Chara said resting their head on their hands. You and Chara continued talking of whatever came across your mind. They seemed entertained while conversating with you, but yet the tone in their voice often showed boredom and tiredness. Eventually you both went silent, and that's when an idea popped into your head. You quickly threw your arms out of the water and wrapped them around Chara's shoulders. Chara's eyes immediately shot open in surprise at your sudden movement. Without warning you quickly pulled them into the pool, a loud splash surrounding you.

((A/N: Lion King reference right there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) *cue "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"-* okay no, scratch that. ))

Upon contact to the sudden flow of water, Chara emerged from the water gasping. "What the hell (Y/N)!?", they exclaimed grumpily, their whole body becoming soaked. You gave a small laugh at their reaction. They gave you an unamused look as your laughter died down. Snatching a water blaster from the edge of the pool, they immediately filled it up and shot the water straight at your face. Gasping, you grabbed one for yourself and did the same thing. It became like a war of water between you two, but eventually you both ended up just using the styrofoam guns as swords. Yes, swords.

This continued for a while, along with playing other pool games like Marco Polo or to see who could hold their breath the longest. Of course, Chara would always beat you. Eventually you both got out of the pool and dried yourselves off. The two of you took a shower (separately, of course) and drank a cup of hot chocolate before finally going to bed.

-

A/N: I so badly feel like putting a hot make out session in here, should I have? Oops.