46. Unexpected View

As your guardians parked the vehicle into the parking space, the engine came to a stop. "We're here!", one of your guardians said as (he/she) opened (his/her) door. You unlocked your seatbelt and opened the door next to you, jumping out of the car and picking up Twix afterwards. You didn't want to sit there on the ground all afternoon just listening to your family members chatter, so you came up with an excuse to take Twix since you haven't walked him in a while.

You saw Chara step out of the car after you, their sleeve getting stuck in the small closing where the door attaches to the vehicle for a second. They grunted and pulled it forward, landing onto the ground swiftly. They weren't wearing their usual outfit for once, rather they were wearing one that they chose when you had both gone to the mall. Placing Twix down onto the floor, he immediately began sniffing the ground. You walked around back of the car to the trunk to help carry a few things. It was somewhat weird for Chara to just stand there without a helping hand, but you brushed it off at the thought of your family members spotting chairs hovering in mid air.

After setting up all the picnic supplies, you, your guardians, and your relative waited for your other family members to arrive. Eventually everyone showed up, and you were relieved to have finally finished greeting and talking to all of them. Some would ask about the scarf around your neck when it was pretty warm out, but there was a small breeze and you used that as an excuse to say you were slightly cold. 

Soon enough, everyone was finished eating and started conversating. You didn't know what to talk about, rather you just followed along by smiling or laughing along with everyone else. Figuring out now was the time, you stood up and announced that you'd be taking Twix for a walk around the park. Your relatives simply told you to be careful and to make sure Twix didn't get into trouble. As you began to walk farther from your family group, you made your way far enough that you could barely make out the figures of all of them. 

Chara appeared next to you, shooting you a gentle smile. You smiled back, looking down at Twix's leash as you both walked down the pavement surrounded by trees. You both walked in silence, but you didn't notice Chara look to the side. They watched two people, they guessed a couple, having both arms locked together, crossing the sidewalk. Glancing back at you without your notice, an idea popped into their head. They wanted to try something and see your reaction.

Taking their left hand out of their hoodie pocket, they reached over and locked their arm with yours. You were immediately taken by surprise, and your heart began to race in your chest. You looked at your arms, then at them and smiled, not being sure if you were blushing madly. They returned the smile as you both continued to walk in silence. The atmosphere was perfect, and you were glad you managed to sneak away from your family members. Suddenly Twix started barking at a cat hiding underneath a car near the sidewalk. He pulled you forward as he tried to get closer to it, desperately wagging his tail. 

You were able to pull him back, thanks to the harness and his small size, but he continued to put up a struggle. Eventually it almost seemed like tug of war, and the cat hissing back at Twix was definitely not helping. Chara managed to back up the stubborn feline so it was out of sight from Twix, but Twix is a dog, and dog's have a keen sense of smell. He continued to bark and fight against your tugging, and you began to grow embarrassed as a few people passing by shot you a confused or concerned glance. 

You then noticed that the cat padded past Chara and barely stood a few feet from Twix. Chara moved closer to it rather quickly, in which it quickly dashed to the side in fear and annoyance. Twix quickly tried to follow, but was held back by the harness. But due to the impact of force, you were pulled forward and clashed against Chara. Well, not exactly your whole body. More like your lips. You both blushed at the awkward moment, heartbeats later you pulled away from each other. Moments passed before Twix's barking died down, turning into small growls as he watched the cat run from view. 

You and Chara mentally slapped yourselves, even though the accidental kiss was neither of your fault. And it was an accident. "Sorry about that, Twix pulled me.", you managed to say. "Nah I was standing in the wrong place.", Chara replied, looking down. You both went silent again, but you decided to make the awkwardness last shorter. "Well hey, at least no one got hurt!", you recalled. Chara glanced at you before chuckling. "That's true.", they agreed.

You looked over at Twix as you waited for him to return next to your side, whilst Chara looked elsewhere still in embarrassment. Looking upwards, you noticed someone familliar standing near the park's playground. You immediately blushed at realizing who it was. 

Frisk.

You quickly glanced to your right nervously, relieved to see Chara watching people cross the street. Looking back at Frisk, you could barely make out a small slight blush on their cheeks, a gentle smile on their face. You didn't know how to react; did they see that accidental kiss? Your guess was proven correct as you could see Frisk holding a thumbs up of approval. You smiled back at them, slightly surprised to see Papyrus calling their name from the water fountain further down the pavement. 

Frisk looked over at him, then back at you, raising their eye brows twice seductively. You blushed and looked away, signaling that they could go. Frisk snickered to themself as they continued catching up to Papyrus, vanishing as they ran downhill. You looked back at Chara, who was still avoiding your glance. You laughed silently to yourself before you re-locked your arm with theirs, them having an even deeper blush at your sudden action.

-

A/N: Decided to make this chapter a somewhat mix of small things several readers have asked for, like: accidental kiss, Twix running off/causing something so here ya go!! Huehueh, looks like Frisk knows you're getting pretty Frisky  am I right? Heheh... ahem. Anyways, just.. yes!!

Fun Fact: In original planning, you and Chara were supposed to touch foreheads. But let's save that for later~ ;3