17. Human Socialization

A/N: Sorry there was no update yesterday, I was slacking off while skyping and gaming with a friend-- I mEAN... I was busy heheh (^▽^;) But here, have some Chara!! (╯°□°)╯

! (F/N) means Friend's Name !

...but screw that Chara's your best friend here... right?

-

You barely got to class in time. You had greeted a few classmates and friends as you made your way down the school hall towards your 1st Period class. Chara was with you, staying invisible as you had walked through the school grounds. You could easily sense their presence right next to you, but you couldn't help but wonder what they were thinking when they saw all these humans. 

You walked into class, taking the seat at the left end of the first row. You took your Math notebook out of your backpack and placed it atop the desk. Eventually the bell rang and your teacher, Mr. Darlos, walked into the classroom, closing the door gently behind him. He was a very friendly teacher, but can turn strict as hell in an instant. After taking attendance, he turned around and wrote an assignment on the white board. All your classmates, including you, looked over his shoulder to what he was writing. Closing the cap onto the marker, the quiet teacher moved to the side to allow view of what he wrote:

"Math-Science Volcano Project"

Before anyone had a chance to react, Mr. Darlos finally spoke up. "Today will be the first day in which you will be given this Math-Science volcano project. You will all be divided into groups of 3, and together you will make a volcano model and documentary on how much heat lava contains. This is an in-school assignment, so you will have a week to finish it." Almost everyone looked at each other, calling to their friends that they'd be in a group together. You sighed to yourself; none of your friends were in this class. Well, you did know several of your classmates, but you only talked to each other when you had to, as if for assignments or asking to borrow a pencil.

"I will be assigning the groups, though. I don't want slackers to stick together.", Mr. Darlos interrupted, smiling. Sighs and 'aww's could be heard throughout the classroom, but honestly to you, it was a sigh of relief. Now you wouldn't have to worry about asking random classmates to be in their group. As the class turned to silence, Mr. Darlos began naming out the groups.

As you waited for your name to be said, you rested your head on your hand. Taking a quick glance next to your desk to the left, you saw Chara sitting there on the floor looking at your teacher. You looked back to him aswell, staring blankly ahead slightly impatiently. Wait a minute... Chara !?

You quickly looked back down to Chara surprised, and their eyes looked straight back at you.  "What are you doing? He'll see you!", you tried to whisper quietly as possible to them. "No he won't. He can't see or hear me, and neither can anyone else but you." You looked at Chara with a confused expression, is this some kind of fictional story thing? Seeing how you didn't understand, Chara smiled and said: "I can make myself visible to others if I want to. And since I'm not, to these humans it looks like you're talking to yourself right now."

You sat there looking at them for a few moments before noticing that Mr. Darlos had went completely silent. Oh no..., you thought before you hesitated to look back at your teacher. Almost the whole class was looking to the side at you, and Mr. Darlos had an unimpressed expression on his face. You looked at him awkwardly, feeling yourself almost sweating of embarrassment on the spot. "Are you done?", he asked firmly. You nodded your head yes and said a quiet apology. He stayed quiet looking at you for a few moments before looking back at the list of names he was holding. 

Eventually your name was called along with 2 other classmates, and to your bad luck, you were put with the 2 lazy and perverted guys Arco and Toi. You could easily deal with the two, but this duo was practically annoying. They would both try and flirt with you sometimes, along with 4 other guys in their trouble-making 'group'. You still couldn't understand why none of them were expelled yet. Sighing to yourself, you waited for Mr. Darlos to finish naming the rest of the groups.

-

Your next 5 periods went by swiftly, besides getting a surprise quiz during one of them, and during the break before classes you would talk to your friend (F/N). The both of you talked about how you wished you had more classes together, especially for group assignments. Eventually class had started and (he/she) told you (he/she) wouldn't be here last period because (he/she) would be picked up early. Right now, you were waiting in the hallway standing against your locker, waiting for the bell to ring. It was the break before your last period, and you really envied to head home. All of your friends were elsewhere; either in their classrooms already or in the restroom. 

"So these are the humans you associate with?" You looked to your right, and saw Chara standing next to you. "Yeah, it gets tiring sometimes.", you sighed. You noticed 2 students walking past you look over to you, then at where Chara was standing. Seeing their glances, you looked at Chara confusingly. As you opened you mouth to speak, Chara spoke first: "Yes, they can see me."

You looked at their form as if for the first time. "But, I thought you didn't want humans seeing you?" Your words were more of a remark than a question. "Yeah well, it won't do any harm if others see me during your class intermissions.", Chara stated while looking at other humans passing by. Suddenly the bell rang, and you made your way toward your classroom. Sitting at the way end of the class, you noticed your teacher, Mrs. Amuka, was already sitting at her desk. 

"We will continue watching the rest of Hachi today.", she said calmly while fixing the projector onto the white board behind her desk. "You can sit with your friends if you want, but stay quiet because some of us want to watch the movie.", she quickly added. This was basically a 'free' period for you, in which you could do what you want. You saw several students stand up and move near their friends, but you stayed in your seat as your teacher turned off the lights.

Sitting in the way back of the class so no one would see you, you brought your backpack with you and pulled out your sketchpad. Chara appeared next to you, and you both began to do a drawing collab in silence. You both drew patches of flowers and eventually ended up making a whole flower field. Turning to the next page, you started to make another collab, this time of animals. You were surprised of how well of an artist Chara really was. But you both knew if you combined both your skills, you could easily make a Mona Lisa painting.

-

A/N: I came up with those teacher and classmate names in like 0.9 seconds lmao. Also sorry if the chapter seems kinda short, my family members are rushing me to hurry up and get off the laptop =_= Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed!! I'm surprised Chara didn't take anyone's soul...