49. Complex Conflict

A/N: 69 followers? Hmm... are you all trying to tell me something? 

-

Your guardians had gone out with your relative, luckily allowing you to stay home. You were currently gaming with Chara in the living room, you sitting on the couch while they were sitting on the floor. You were leaned forward, your legs crisscrossed with your arms around their neck as you kept your elbows on your legs below you for support. You rested your head atop theirs, looking at the TV screen whilst you moved the analog sticks on your controller that you held in your hands.

v (Reference) v

Chara had already lost all their in game lives, so they merely watched you continue onward through the level, not to mention they were nibbling on a chocolate bar. Suddenly, a quiet hiccup sounded from their throat. They immediately covered their mouth with their hand, hushing themself. "Aw, ya got the hiccups!", you laughed as you neared the end of the level. "Oh no.", they said after another hiccup. 

You smiled to yourself as Chara continued to try and silence themself from any further noises, but to no avail. "Try drinking water.", you insisted, releasing your arms from around their neck and sitting up. As if a command, Chara did as you said and stood up to walk to the kitchen. You watched them grab a glass from a cupboard before looking back at the TV screen. After a few minutes, you completed the level and looked over to the kitchen. "Are your hiccups gone?", you called, in which Chara walked back into the living room.

"I don't-", they cut off as they suddenly hiccuped, an unimpressed expression shown on their face. You giggled quietly to yourself before standing up. "Did you try holding your breath?", you asked mockingly. A few moments of awkward silence went by, until a sudden hiccup could be heard. "Yep.", Chara replied neutrally. "It should pass in a little while.", you said as you shrugged your shoulders. 

"I want it to stop as we speak.", Chara groaned, hiccuping twice through their sentence. You snickered at their childish tone as they continued to try and silence themself. Suddenly an idea popped into your head. You knew you'd both end up embarrassed, but it was worth a try. "I got an idea!", you exclaimed, your face lighting up. Chara was a little taken aback by your sudden outburst, but went along with your enthusiasm. "What is it?", they asked, trying not to hiccup. 

You hesitated for a few moments before smiling and approaching them. You placed your hands on their shoulders, in which a small blush showed on their face. They still didn't know exactly what you were doing, until you suddenly pulled them into a kiss. You could feel them hesitate slightly before kissing back and wrapping their arms around you, holding you closer. This lasted for several heartbeats, until a quiet hiccup could be heard from their throat. 

Chara groaned and pulled away from you, and you couldn't help but smile. Eventually you decided that they should just eat more chocolate, minutes afterwards their hiccups had finally vanished. What you completely forgot though, was the next level of your video game had already started. In which, your character died and a plain game over screen was set across the TV. You didn't mind, you could always just restart it. 

-

A/N: I couldn't find any reference to the position you were in on the couch, so I had to sketch it out myself smh. (Literally had 0 effort, I was in a rush lmao) Also, this chapter is uploaded early 'cause I'm gonna have a backyard barbecue today so I'm not sure I'll have time to write cri :,v But ayye ya smooched the choco demon again! ;v;