24. Liar.

A/N: Let me know how you feel after this chapter!

-

You immediately ran to your unconscious friend, your legs almost feeling like stone. Once again, you could hear tapping coming from down the corridor. "Stop!" 

The sudden voice made you stop in your tracks, you being only 6 feet away from Chara's bleeding form. Immediately a figure emerged from the end of the room, looking forward straight at you. Your eyes widened as you realized who was standing there. Sans. The comedian skeleton brother to Papyrus. 

You both stood in silence as you stared at each other. His eyes were filled with a worried expression, which actually surprised you since Sans always seemed to not take things seriously. Was it him who did this to Chara? "Sans...?", you choked. "(Y/N), stay back! They're dangerous!", he called over to you. His words made you hesitate to look down at Chara. A pool of blood was starting to surround their stomach region, and you badly wanted to help them.

Though, you knew Sans was strong. Frisk had told you all they knew about Sans; his personality, his reactions, his attacks. And Sans knew much more than he seems capable of to the naked eye. He knows when Frisk resets, and yet he never seems to interrupt unless for Judgement. But why did he attack Chara? Why was he here? Why was even Chara here?

A sudden sound of tapping came from behind you, but you didn't turn around. "(Y/N)?", said a voice from behind you. You immediately recognized the voice as Frisk's. You slightly turned around, looking at them whilst allowing a small glimpse of Chara's body and Sans standing at the end of the corridor. "What's wrong-" They cut off their own words as they noticed Sans looking over at them weakly. "Sans?", they called over. Sans didn't respond, he just merely closed his eyes with a weak smile.

All 3 of you stood in complete silence. That's when Frisk looked down at Chara. "Oh my god...", they said hesitantly as they eyed Chara's unconscious bleeding body. You glanced back at Chara aswell, tears about to flow from your eyes. "Lord have mercy...", you could hear Frisk choke. You couldn't help but wonder what Sans was thinking right now. Regret? Maybe he thought Frisk would Reset because of this? You weren't sure, but you could tell he was struggling to keep his 'fake' weak smile on his face.

Sans looked over at Frisk, and they both looked deeply into each other's eyes. The two of them both had hurt expressions, but Frisk managed to look away. They slightly nodded at their beloved skeleton friend, and Sans flinched when they did so. He looked over at Chara's body, then at you. He sighed to himself before completely looking over to you. "I'm sorry (Y/N), Frisk. They tried to attack.", he said calmly.

You didn't know how to feel. Honestly though, you couldn't blame Sans. After all those genocides, he just doesn't want another Reset to happen. He must be so tired of having the same timeline start over and over. But what was Chara planning? Did they use you? Had they just lied this whole time and still wanted nothing more than to kill everyone in their path? You could feel tears falling from your eyes, but you tried your best to hold back your sobs.

Suddenly, Chara started moving. They hesitantly looked up at you, a small smile on their face. Sans's eyes widened, and Frisk quickly hid behind you in fear, them gripping onto your shoulders. "Ah, (Y/N).", Chara sighed. "My apologies, I merely came here to visit, but then he  attacked." Chara glimpsed over their shoulder at Sans, and to your horror you could see the blood spilling from the bones sticking out of their body. 

"You see, (Y/N)? Monsters can't be trusted. They will all betray you. I was just passing through, meaning no harm whatsoever.", Chara chuckled. "They're lying!", Sans called over. The two of them exchanged deadly glances, so you cautiously took a few steps back, Frisk slowly doing the same. Chara noticed this, and looked over at you. "I don't mean to frighten you (Y/N). I'm just telling you the truth." They hissed the last word in a voice so demonic it could paralyze you.

"I can see you too, Frisk." You could feel Frisk lay the side of their face on your back, trembling in fear at Chara's words. You could even feel their rapid heartbeat. You felt so bad for them, they must be so traumatized from all those Resets. You held your left hand slightly behind you for them to hold for comfort. Their grip was rather tight, but right now you wanted to make sure Frisk was okay. 

"(Y/N), our determination is too strong. W-We have to leave or else they might gain control...", Frisk's whisper trailed off. As much as you or Frisk didn't want to leave, they were right. With both your determination combined, Chara could become stronger than ever.  You backed up slightly, getting ready to turn and leave the Underground. You looked at Chara, only to see a sad expression on their face. 

"(Y/N)? I thought we were best friends. No, I thought we were more than that...", Chara said locking their bright red eyes with your (E/C) ones. "C-Chara, I...", you could barely form words. You didn't even know what to say. "You aren't going to leave me behind, are you? Like my birth parents, humanity, friends...?" You began to tear up again, but you tried your hardest to keep yourself from breaking down. You felt your heart being torn two ways. Either listen to them, or leave with Frisk and possibly never see Chara again. "I'm sorry Chara, I-I...", you couldn't even talk. You knew Chara would become too strong. And let's face it, Sans was obviously telling the truth.

You spun around and ran with Frisk towards the entrance of the Throne Room. Your mind was clouded with hurt, and you really wanted to stop. You can't Save Chara anymore. They lied. Everything they said... everything they did... it was all for their own sake. You began to cry to yourself as you and Frisk ran across the Throne Room.

-

After seeing you turn the corner into the Throne Room with Frisk, Chara grunted in disappointment. They hesitantly stood up, blood dripping from their mouth at the sudden movement. They started giggling to themselves, and it slowly evolved into a psychotic laugh. They slowly turned to face Sans, their red eyes glowing brighter than ever. A smile was placed on their face as Sans gave a weak death glare at them, a drop of sweat forming near the side of his head. 

Chara stared at him as they pulled the kitchen knife they had hidden under their shirt out. They held it firmly by the handle, their index finger over the top of the sharp blade. "As long as (Y/N) and Frisk have determination to Save me..." Suddenly Chara's eyes turned to black eyes sockets, a dark substance beginning to drip from their empty eyes, their mouth doing the same thing. Suddenly the bones through their body evaporated into dust in thin air, and Chara pointed their knife towards Sans's chest. 

"I'll never die.", they finished in a demonic voice.