40. Baked To The Brim

A/N: Keep the scenario requests comin', everyone!

-

You and Chara were currently in the kitchen, trying to make cookies. You read from the back of the cookie mix box as Chara grabbed the said ingredients: milk, water, eggs, butter, and chocolate chips. As you finished mixing the batter and placing the soon-to-be cookies into the oven, you continued on putting away the left over ingredients. That's when you realized, the bag of chocolate chips was nowhere to be found. You looked over at Chara, placing your hands on your waist as they stood a few feet from you, an innocent smile set across their face with their hands behind their back. "Chara? Gimme the chocolate.", you stated, knowing they were going to refuse. "What chocolate?", they asked as you approached them. 

"You know what I'm talking about!", you said as you tried to walk behind them. They turned their back from you, making sure you were clearly facing each other. "Chara c'mon! Hand it over!", you laughed as they continued to turn their back from you. Chara was literally spinning in place as you continued to try and run around them to their back. Eventually, they broke away the endless cycle of spinning and ran past you into the living room. You chased them around the couch several times until they ran into the hallway, you still simply trying to get the chocolate chips. This continued for several minutes, the oven alarm even going off signaling the cookies to be ready. 

You knew you had to take the cookies out or they'll burn, but right now you were too focused on taking the chocolate back from Chara. "Chara c'mon! At least share!", you laughed as you both stood on opposite sides of the kitchen table. "I have no idea what you're talking about.", Chara stated, smiling as they watched you move to the left slightly. They went to the right, until eventually you decided to make a run for it. They zoomed away from you as you followed them throughout the house once again, both of you constantly trying to trick each other of which way you were heading.

Soon enough, Chara had accidentally ran into the guest room, you closing the door shut as you entered in after them. "Got you trapped now!", you exclaimed whilst blocking the door. Without hesitating, you ran straight at them. They quickly dodged your form, going around you, barely missing your grasp. But you weren't going to let them get away that easily. You quickly snatched them as you both fell onto the bed. "Gotcha! Finally!", you laughed, holding them down. "No way, that's cheating!", Chara said in defeat, knowing you wouldn't let them go.

"No it's not, you're the one who ran in here first!", you replied. "That was a pass! I forgot this was the guest room.", Chara argued more childishly. "Well anyway, I win so gimme back the chocolate.", you said after letting your laughs die down. Suddenly, Chara rolled both of you over, causing you to flinch at the sudden action. Now they were hovering over you, pinning you down from your shoulders. "Which chocolate?", they asked, their red eyes glowing down at you. "This one?", they paused to point at themself, causing you to immediately blush. "Or..."

You watched them reach over to something next to you. "This one!?", they exclaimed playfully, dropping the small bag of chocolate chips onto your face. You groaned as you felt them jump off of you, hearing the door open as their footsteps echoed down the hallway. You grasped the bag off your face and sat up, laughing a little to yourself as you quickly walked out of the room. Reaching the kitchen, you heard Chara's voice ring: "I think these are burned."

"What?", you called as you walked to the oven and carefully opened it. They were right, the cookies were pretty much burned. The smell of burned dough filled your senses as you went to open the windows to avoid the fire alarm going off. Chara took the cookie sheet carefully out of the oven, placing it onto the counter. You finally put the chocolate chips back into the pantry and stood next to Chara, looking down at the burnt treats. "Look what ya did!", you said breaking the silence. "Me?! Pfft this was clearly your fault!", Chara laughed. You grunted as you looked down at the cookies and grabbed one. Before they could do anything, you stuffed said burned treat into their mouth, them yelping at the sudden bitter taste.