13. Stay With Me

Mendum- Stay With Me (Krys Talk Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95eFs4sHZs

-

It's been 5 days since you've last visited the Underground, and things have only gotten worst. The national poll showed that most people wanted the Underground to be blocked. Because of this, police have constantly been in and out of the old cavern, checking for anything dangerous or if anyone was still inside. The public wasn't aloud to come by Mt. Ebott or any path around it. The place was now also being covered in cameras and police line tapes.

This made you worried sick. There was no possible way to visit Chara anymore. Both you and Frisk had tried your hardest to think of a good plan, but nothing seemed to work. You were both beginning to think that this was it. Chara will never get a chance to live a better life. But the two of you stayed determined; there was only one last thing you could do.

Sneaking in at night was an extremely dangerous idea, but it was your last hope. You were dressed in all black, staying close to the ground as possible. Hiding behind a tree, you noticed there were only 2 policemen guarding the path, but there was still no way you could easily slip through. You would have to find another way around. Staying silent as possible, you moved around to the left side of the mountain. There was no path to take; the only way up was to climb. It was extremely steep, but there were rocks sticking out of the side of the mountain that could help you balance. It was almost like rock climbing, you could say.

You didn't bring a flashlight with you, but there was just enough moonlight to be able to see where the rocks were. Holding onto the first rock, you slowly made your way up the cliff side. It was more challenging than you thought, sometimes a rock you would step on would fall and hit the ground making a semi-loud thump. But before you knew it, you finally made it to the top. Pushing yourself onto the edge of the mountain, you stood up and took a few moments to catch your breath.

Turning around and facing the Underground cavern, you realized there was a camera aimed right at it's entrance. You cursed under your breath and leaned back against the mountain wall that the camera was attached to. Sliding yourself slowly to avoid any noise, you quickly dashed into the dark cavern and kept running until you reached the Judgement Hall. Hoping there were no cameras inside,  you turned on your phone and used the flash on your camera to see. It was pitch dark in here, except for some dim moonlight shining through the glass windows. 

It was awfully quiet and still, it almost felt like you went deaf. You could slightly hear your own heartbeat as you made your way to the middle of the room. "Chara?", you whispered.

There was no response and no movement. You felt so worried; what happened to them? Police didn't seem to have found anyone or anything. But... how did Chara react when all those policemen came in here? Did they leave? Did they stay? Did they do anything?

 You were almost panicking as you whispered out Chara's name a little louder. When there was no response again, you honestly thought Chara was gone. You didn't know where or how, but they were. You were too late. Your plan to Save them failed. Now you'll never see or hear them again, and it's all humanity's fault. Or perhaps it was your own; why hadn't you convinced them to leave the Underground earlier? What made you think you could take it slow?

Your mind was clouded with self-hatred and confusion. You didn't know who to blame or what to do. All you knew was that you missed Chara so bad.