7. Don't Forget

A/N: Thanks for all the wonderful comments and support for the story, everyone!! It truly means alot to me, you guys really make my day!! <3

-

Frisk had gave you their phone number so you could call or text them if you needed help with something while you were in the Underground. Today, you told them you'd be going into the Underground once again. You haven't set foot near it since the first time you went and Flowey kicked you out. Because of this, you decided to bring a small pocket knife with you this time. You weren't planning on killing or hurting him in any way whatsoever, but if he happened to attack, you at least need something to protect yourself. Frisk also advised that you'd bring a flashlight with you since the Monsters shut down all power source before leaving to the Surface world.

You were now standing in front of the darkness inside the cavern that led to the rest of the Underground. There was no tugging sensation in your chest this time, which you were honestly relieved of. Walking inside, you made your way into the Throne Room and looked around as you reached the other side. Nothing seemed different than the first time you came here; all the flowers were still brightly golden and well-cared for. 

Reaching the long hall once again, which Frisk had told you was called the 'Judgement Hall', you pulled out your phone before walking down the path in the middle. Opening Frisk's contact, you sent them a text: "I'm in the Judgement Hall." Almost immediately, they responded: "The rest of Asgore's Castle is up ahead, be careful."

Putting your phone back in your pocket, you walked down the hall, your shadow spread across the left wall from the bright light emending from the windows to your right. Reaching the end of the hall, you remembered the incident you had with Flowey. But to your surprise, you hadn't seen or heard him anywhere. It was a relief honestly, you didn't want to have to turn back now.

Stepping out of the Judgement Hall, you continued walking throughout the rest of Asgore's Castle. There wasn't any furniture or anything anywhere, the Monsters must have taken literally everything with them. Frisk, on the other hand, told you what used to be where; and part of you could barely imagine how beautiful this place used to look all decorated. 

You continued exploring the area until you reached an elevator. To your surprise, it still worked, and you stepped inside. There was only one button, which lead to the Core. Pressing it, the elevator's doors closed and you waited as the elevator began to move. At first, you were nervous that it would probably get stuck due to the lack of power. But luckily, the elevator stopped and opened it's doors normally to reveal the Core. Sending a quick text to Frisk letting them know you arrived at the Core, they gave you directions as of which way to exit. 

All the power source was out, but it wasn't as dark as you thought it'd be. Turning on your flashlight, you followed Frisk's directions and eventually reached the edge of the Core, reading some of the signs on the walls explaining Monster history along the way. Looking ahead, you saw a bridge that connected the Core to a deserted resort area. Walking across it still with your flashlight on, you entered the abandoned building. You noticed there was a water fountain in the middle of the room in the shape of a posing robot. There was no water in it though, and it was somewhat covered in dust.

Walking around it, you quietly made your way outside to the front of the building. You looked up at the sign above the door; "MTT". Giving a small smile, you turned around and kept walking ahead. The atmosphere started becoming warmer, as you reached the area known as Hotland. Turning your phone's screen on again, you realized you had already gotten a text message from Frisk-

...oh wait.

It wasn't Frisk. It was one of your friends from school. Tapping the notification, the text message opened up and you read it: "Hey (Y/N) sorry to bother you, but can you please come babysit my little brother for a while? My parents and I have to go somewhere and no little kids are aloud. Please?? It's an emergency!" You sighed aloud. Looking back at the text you responded: "Are you sure it's an emergency?" In a heartbeat, they quickly texted: "Yeah, we have to be out of the house within 30 minutes :( ." 

Well crap.

"I'll be right there.", and with that you clicked on Frisk's contact and texted them quickly:

You: "Hey Frisk one of my friends need me to babysit their sibling and it can't wait."

Them: "Don't worry, we can come back where we left off later!"

You: "Alright, thanks for helping me btw!"

Them: "No problem! :3 "

Putting your phone back in your pocket, you quickly turned around and made your way back from where you started. You realized you hadn't run into Flowey; which honestly really surprised you. But... geez, couldn't you just get through one situation without being interrupted?