34. A Soul To Hate

A/N: Was so busy today with schoolwork so my wrist is practically dead cri. But!! Great news! I'm finally on summer vacation! ;w;

Btw, this chapter will be kinda confusing (and shorter than I thought), so just try your best to stick with the dialogue!

! (F/C) means Favorite Color! !

-

Chara's eyes shot open, and they looked around their environment. It was pitch black, with absolutely no sound. That's when they realized... 

This is were I take Frisk's soul, they thought. But Frisk wasn't here. Nobody was, only them. Glancing around, they noticed a strange sound in the distance. Something like, a heartbeat? Wait... They turned around, only to wish they hadn't. There they recognized your body, laying limply on the ground. Were you unconscious? Chara then noticed that they couldn't sense your soul in your body, but they didn't approach you. Looking over their shoulder, they realized a dim (F/C) hue of light was coming from their front.

Turning back to your form, they saw... themself? Standing in front of your corpse with a devilish smile, your (F/C) soul hovering in their hand. Chara watched "themself" then turn around to face them. "Greetings.", they said, their eyes being pure black sockets. "I am you. You are me. Chara.", they added. Chara stood there confused; was this them from a different timeline? How is that even possible? This never happened before. There is only one Chara in all timelines...

"How foolish. Falling for those human emotions will be your downfall.", they said, their face keeping the same smiling expression. "I suppose it has its uses though. The human falling for you is the perfect trap." This was themself from a different timeline, Chara knew. Possibly before the present one, since they were referring to you as human rather than your name. Honestly, they were speechless right now. Half of them was dying to help you, while the other half merely didn't care. 

"(His/Her) name is (Y/N).", Chara finally managed to say. "So you've become acquaintances? That's irrelevant. I thought Frisk was all we had.", the 'other' Chara replied neutrally. "But listen to me. Another soul means more power, especially with the amount of determination in it.", they added quickly, not giving their copy a chance to reply. "I did not earn (Y/N)'s trust to use (his/her) soul.", Chara stated firmly. Their clone shook their head disapprovingly. "Am I that idiotic to fall for such feelings?", they laughed.

Chara began to grow impatient with their lookalike. Glancing to the side, they noticed your body start to shift in movement. Both Charas watched you as you struggled to stand up silently. "I didn't give you permission to breathe.", Chara stated smiling. Suddenly you looked up, and your body went frozen as if something was holding you still. Heartbeats later, Chara watched in grimace as blood started seeping out of your mouth, your eyes filled with fear. Your mouth was kept there bleeding for a few moments before you fell straight down to the floor unconscious. 

"Quit harming (him/her). It won't do anything, (his/her) soul isn't worth taking.", Chara stated, trying to convince "Chara" to let you be. By now, all Chara really wanted was for you to be okay. "Look, I'm smarter than (him/her). We're  smarter. Do yourself a favor, and ignore those feelings.", Chara said in a demonic voice.

"After all, no one has ever  loved us."