35. Quite a Greeting!

Chara immediately sat up, glancing around the small tent. They looked over at you to the right, watching the side of your body rise and fall to your steady breathing. A small sigh of relief escaped their mouth as they covered their face in their hands. Another nightmare. They guessed it was their own instincts telling them to ignore these human feelings. 

Glancing over to your sleeping form, they honestly hoped you were just pretending to be asleep. But your calm breaths proved you were still blacked out. Groaning somewhat aloud, they leaned their head back against the back side of the tent. Almost immediately upon contact, Chara was sunken into the fabric as the whole tent completely flipped over. They screamed as it went backwards harshly, the whole world literally felt like it was turning over. 

Your body slipped sideways as your face was pressed against the side of the tent. Your eyes shot open at the sudden startle of Chara's scream. You screamed along with them by instinct, not recognizing that you were still inside the tent. Eventually they shut their mouth, you doing the same a few moments later. You stared at the fabric in your face for a few moments before trying your best to face forward. You were surprised to find the opening of the tent above you.

Pushing yourself to turn to the left, you and Chara stared at each other blankly. "Chara what the hell?!", you exclaimed, trying to figure out what just happened. "I forgot this wasn't a wall...", they admitted embarrassingly whilst pushing themself off the ground. You couldn't keep yourself from smiling, which eventually turned into a laugh. Chara was silent for a few moments before chuckling along with you. 

"Sorry I woke you up.", they apologized as both your laughter calmed down. "Pssh! Best wake-up call ever!", you replied sitting up. "C'mon let's push this thing back to normal.", you added whilst pulling yourself out of your sleeping bag. Chara did the same as you both placed your hands against the side, which was originally the bottom, of the tent. "Ready?", They asked glancing over to you. You nodded smiling, preparing for a harsh impact against the ground. You both said a countdown in sync:

"3."

"2."

"1."

"PUSH!"

"NO WAIT-"

You gasped at Chara's words as you realized their hands had slipped off the tent too early. But it was too late, and you had already pressed all your weight against the tent as it began to flip over. The tent landed somewhat harshly back into it's normal position. You landed with your hands on the fabric ground, keeping your body upright. Chara, on the other hand, was face-planted onto the ground, their rump in the air. 

"Sorry!", you said immediately, trying your best to keep yourself from laughing. Chara groaned as they pushed themself off the ground with their hands and sat upright. "It's fine.", they replied smiling wearily, rubbing the side of their head. You smiled back at them for a few moments before turning around to straighten your sleeping bag and roll it up. Eventually Chara did the same, and once you both finished, you sat up and looked at the entrance of the tent, then at each other.

"You first.", you said smiling. "No, no, you first. I insist.", Chara insisted formally, putting their right hand over their chest. "Nah you go.", you replied tilting your head towards the opening. "I'll go afterwards.", they said gesturing their hand towards said entrance. You both stared at each other in awkward silence for a few moments before you both bent your heads to the entrance. Unsurprisingly, your heads bonked against each other, and you both groaned and sat up again. "Sorry.", you apologized embarrassed slightly. "Y'know what?", Chara said before they suddenly grasped your shoulders and pushed you out of the tent on your knees. 

"Hey! What was that for?!", you called over your shoulder playfully as Chara emerged out of the tent after you. "We'd be in there all day if I didn't!", they replied mockingly. You sat up and pushed their arm playfully at their words. Eventually the bright morning sun was cast out over the forest as you and Chara finished packing the camping supplies. On your way back home, you stopped by a coffee shop to get yourselves two chocolate mochas. 

Not to mention at one point Chara tried to switch your sweet treats without your notice since yours had more chocolate in it. But of course, you didn't fall for it due to your names being written on the cups.

-

A/N: I was laughing like an idiot at myself when I came up with the idea of Chara accidentally tipping over the tent. I tried doing that in a jumper with 4 other kids once, on purpose. Adults told us to stop since there were two 4 year olds inside but still, it's fun to tip over things.