9. Can You Really Call This The Underground? There's No Barrier or Anything...

A few days passed and you had explored the Underground several times already. You never found or saw Chara, not even Flowey. Well... sometimes in the corner of your eye you thought you saw Flowey watching you, but when you'd look back he'd bury back in the ground. Or perhaps that was your imagination; you couldn't really tell.

Right now, you had just finished exploring the Underground once again. You were heading back to the surface, slightly disappointed that you didn't find anyone again. Walking down the Judgement Hall, you were texting Frisk about not finding Chara or Flowey. They always texted you to stay determined, and you did.

You still really wanted to find Chara, wherever they were. But you were slowly starting to doubt that your determination wasn't strong enough, or that Chara just... faded away forever. Dammit Chara..., you thought aloud. 

"Greetings."

You suddenly froze in your tracks. Frisk had told you that Chara usually greeted by saying "Greetings". Your heart was racing, you were still looking down at your phone. A slight feeling of fear was crawling up your back; what do you say? What do you do? What to do you think? You were starting to panic. The voice came from in front of you; so you didn't have much time to think.

Slowly looking up, you saw a human standing there. Or, no, a demon as they liked to be called. This... was Chara, wasn't it? They looked just like how Frisk described them; green long sleeve with a yellow stripe through the middle. Shoulder-length hair. Red eyes...

"I am Chara. The demon that comes when people call it's name. " Their sudden words startled you a bit. You didn't know what to say, your mouth was frozen shut.  Their eyes slightly paralyzed you, that deep shade of bright, blood red seemed to stare right into your soul. "But, i'm pretty sure you already know that.", they said less seriously as they shrugged.

Realizing you were talking to someone who used to have the power to kill everyone in their path, you forced your mouth open to speak. "Yes, I do. My name is (Y/N), nice to meet you.", you said kindly as possible. You hesitated for a moment before extending your hand out for them to shake. You almost regretted it as you noticed they stared at your gestured hand, and back at your face. Before you decided to put your hand back down to your side, they smiled and shook your hand. Their skin was awfully cold, almost as if they were dead. Well, they were.

"What brings you here? Don't you humans know any better than to climb this mountain?", they asked mockingly. Your heart began to calm down, maybe this wouldn't be so bad?  "I was curious how the Underground looked.", you said shrugging slightly. "Well, I've been... watching you. And you seem to visit this place alot. What are you seeking?" Wait... they've been watching you? Is that why you always felt that tugging feeling in your chest whenever you came down here? 

"Well, with all the monsters on the surface... it got me wondering what happened to you.", you confessed. 

"Well, it's a long story. I suspect Frisk would have told you and the rest of humanity by now that I was the worst person to ever exist though." They gave a small laugh at their own words, their giggles bouncing off the corridor walls.

"Actually not much has been revealed about you, Frisk never said anything to anyone-"

"Except for you.", they interrupted rather seriously.

"So it was you... your determination saved me from fading. Did you truly want to find me that badly?" Chara looked at you questioningly. 

You nodded your head. They didn't seem that dangerous, but they did have a somewhat bad aura.

"Well you saw what you wanted to see right? Now get out.", they hissed. You jumped slightly, they didn't stop smiling. "Aren't you ever going to see the surface? A lot of things have changed since your death." You were trying your best to change the subject; you didn't want to leave just yet. Not again.

They sighed rather sadly looking down at the floor, which you honestly didn't expect. Looking back up at you they surprisingly said softly, "Look, I don't need any humans coming down here to try and convince me to go to the surface. You wouldn't understand; I hate humans. I can't stand humanity, so rather you get out or I make you."

You stopped yourself from responding; Chara obviously wasn't much for conversation at the moment. Frisk had told you that Chara might be kind of down, since when they tried to Save them, they immediately just broke away and almost began crying. 

You gave a quiet sigh and walked slowly down the corridor, them moving out of the way to let you pass. You could feel their eyes on you as you reached the end of the hall. You turned around and looked back at them, your (E/C) eyes locking with their red ones. "It was nice to meet you.", you said trying to give a small smile. They looked away, staying silent. You made your way through the last 2 rooms and reached the surface light. 

You took a deep breath. You did it, you finally met Chara! But it just didn't seem right, you could already tell that they seemed uncomfortable right now. Turning on your phone, you saw you had 2 missed messages from Frisk, they were concerned why you hadn't responded. Giving a small smile to yourself, you typed: 

"Frisk, I met Chara."

-

A/N: Anyone else notice the parody I made with the title of this chapter? Get it? No? Hm... Well it's supposed to be a spoof title I came up with, the original title is "Can You Really Call This a Hotel? I Didn't Receive a Mint On My Pillow or Anything..." from the Undertale OST. Anyhow, yes! You finally met Chara!! Now get ready for some reallyyy good sin this week! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)