45. Start Off Bright

You continued to straighten your clothes and fix your hair as you looked into the mirror. Not to mention the scarf you had around your neck, covering the ever so slight mark Chara left from last night. It wasn't too obvious of a mark, and you wouldn't really call it a hickey, but you didn't want to risk anything. Today you, your guardians, and relative would be going out. And you were right; your guardians made you come. You'd be heading to the park for a picnic, but you weren't planning on just sitting there. A couple of other relatives would be joining in too, though you didn't want to seem rude to just walk away. 

Making sure you looked well, you walked out of the bathroom and into your room. Chara was under the pile of blankets, their head resting on their arms. You bent down and smiled, pausing for a few moments before tapping their arm. "Chara wake up.", you whispered. They weren't exactly asleep, rather they were just 'resting their eyes', according to them. They groaned as they scooted backwards, hiding their head under the blankets. "I don't wanna go.", they mumbled sheepishly. You could barely hold back your laugh as you stood up, looking over to your bedroom door.

"Well we're taking all the chocolate with us!", you teased as you walked out of your room. A few moments passed before you could hear shuffling coming from behind you. "No no, wait!", Chara's voice rang as they tried to untangle themself from the soft blankets. You smiled and looked over your shoulder, walking towards them and sitting on your knees to help them out of the pile. "Good morning.", you greeted smiling, glad you managed to get them moving. 

Chara smiled at you, returning with a "Good morning." aswell. Suddenly they reached over and laid their head somewhat onto your legs, getting comfortable as they wrapped their arms around your waist. You lightly blushed as they laid there, them smiling when they noticed you froze. "Now you won't get chocolate either.", they purred, you snickering afterwards. Suddenly your instincts made you gently pat their head, feeling their soft hair on your fingertips. Their grip on you tightened ever so slightly as you continued to stroke them. 

"Chara c'mon!", you laughed as they refused to let you up. You noticed one of your guardians pass by your room door, which made your heart skip a beat. But you relaxed when you remembered Chara can be invisible to others. Suddenly your guardian walked backwards until (he/she) stood at the front of your door. "(Y/N) don't sit there, get the food ready!", (he/she) stated smiling as (he/she) walked down the hallway. 

Chara's grip loosened, and they sat up to let you move. You both stood up, Chara fixing and folding the blankets while you left to the kitchen to see what else needed to be packed.

-

A/N: What is up with me and starting chapters with mornings? Eh, it's fun, and cute ;ω; Also this chapter is the beginning for the next one, since this is already long enough to have it's own page. (Also sorry for not responding to some comments, but I read every single one of them!!) The next chapter will be uploaded later today!!