22. Denying Thoughts

Chara's POV

I looked over at (Y/N) across the sofa and noticed (he/she) was sleeping. Strange, I could have sworn (he/she) was energetic just a few minutes ago. Honestly though, I don't like being here on the Surface world surrounded by these putrid human creatures. I only came here because of (Y/N), since (his/her) soul was oh so determined. I was beginning to regret it at first, but I suspect things won't be as bad.

Recently I've noticed (him/her) being more...open? I mean, I remember Asriel acting the same way when he took me into his family. Of course, (Y/N) and (his/her) guardians aren't family to me I suppose. Lately though, there's been something bothering me. And it only happens when (Y/N) talks to me which is strange, since I'm usually always by (his/her) side. It's a complex feeling, a feeling that I can no longer understand. A sense of slight pain in my chest; perhaps this is the emotion of love? 

Not LOVE, but love. How can this be so? I cannot feel anything, I don't lack a soul either. This emotion... it bothers me. I've tried ignoring it, but that just makes it worst. What is it that causes me to feel this way? (Y/N)? It's possible. I don't want to believe it if so. That would mean I'm becoming more human. And I hate  humans. 

Suddenly (Y/N) moved, pulling the blanket covering (his/her) body closer over (his/her) head. In a position like that, (he/she)'s bound to suffocate. Whatever. I almost found myself about to yank the thick cloth off (his/her) head. Wait... what am I even doing? I shouldn't care if (Y/N) dies. But, (he/she)'s all I have up here on the Surface. Ugh... (he/she)'ll wake up once (he/she) starts suffocating in (his/her) dream.

Looking back at the television screen I realized I must have fallen for (Y/N). I don't understand, though. Half of me is saying to listen to this strange feeling, while the other half just doesn't care. Does (Y/N) even feel the same way? Does (he/she) feel attraction towards me? Why me though? How am I capable of feeling? Why did I even have to be born human in the first place? This sucks. I probably should have just stayed to vanish in the Underground.

I watched (Y/N)'s steady breathing for a little while. I don't know why, but watching (him/her) breathe was calming. Of course, a part of me wanted to grab a knife and kill (him/her) in (his/her) sleep. Sighing, I looked back at the bright screen in front of me.

There needs to be something I can do to distract myself. But what? I can't go far without (Y/N)'s determination keeping me alive. Hmm... Perhaps I can try and see how far I can go. Besides, (Y/N) is asleep. (He/She)'ll never know I even left.