4. Dejavu

A/N: Aaaa time to introduce my personal favorite Undertale character!

Edit 3/20/19: This chapter has now been edited and revised.

-

The sudden shattering of silence made you flinch. It was the same voice that you had previously heard, and whoever it belonged to, he was seemingly right behind you. Before you could turn around, his sudden words seemed to paralyze you.

"I...didn't really expect you to come back. It's been a while, hasn't it?" Whoever this person was, you guessed he must believe you're Frisk. Wait... Frisk? Is this one of their monster friends?

"So uh, what brings you here? Nothing has really changed since you last visited." For an unknown reason, you became reluctant to turn around and face the person speaking to you. Perhaps it was due to shock, or even fear? Hell if you knew. "Well it's... great to see you again, Frisk. It's been pretty quiet lately." You could hear the sudden hesitance in his voice. "...I-"

You finally managed to snap yourself out of your trance and turned around to face him before he could continue with whatever he was going to say. To your slight surprise, you were right, this wasn't a human. It was a flower, a monster flower. He had 6 bright yellow petals outlining his face. His green stem, or in this case, torso, was poking out of the ground. You then noticed he was slightly bigger than the other flowers.

You were convinced: he must be one of Frisk's friends. But why is he still here in the Underground? Shouldn't he have gone to the surface with the rest of his kind?

You and said flower made eye contact, and it took a bit before he flinched slightly. His eyes seemed to examine your facial features for a few seconds before he looked away and sighed. The expression on his face resembled disappointment, perhaps because you weren't the company he expected. "What do you want?" He asked rather sharply, not even bothering to turn his head in your direction. You hesitated slightly before managing to open your mouth.
"I just came to take a look around." You answered honestly, your muscles unconsciously relaxing.
Wow, talking to a flower. What a world, you thought.

"You won't find anything worthwhile here. Nothing and no one but me, Flowey the Flower of course." There was a hint of pride, and yet pain at the same time, in his voice as he announced his own name. "Nice to meet you, the name's (Y/N). You're a monster, right?" As much as you want to be kind with him, you needed to change the subject. You wanted to know if Flowey knew anything about what happened to Chara or Asriel.

"Well of course, and the best looking at that." Flowey responded, straightening up his stem in pride. You mentally snickered. "Mind if I ask why you aren't on the surface? The Underground's exit is just 3 rooms ahead." You spoke, tilting your head behind you towards the Throne Room's entrance.

"Don't you think I know that?" He hissed quickly. Taken aback, you immediately opened your mouth to apologize, but he had continued to speak without even giving you a chance. "I just don't want to leave. Simple as that." He looked away from you, and for a split second you could almost swear his expression resembled that of hurt. "Oh, well..."
Before you could say anything else he interrupted you once again.
"Where's Frisk? How are they?", he asked rather impatiently. "They're doing well from what I've heard. They're currently living with your retired queen." Realizing that this flower most likely had a close relationship with them, you decided to answer honestly.

Flowey looked down at the ground for a few seconds, almost appearing as a wilted flower from your angle. "What about her and the king?", he asked lowly. "I believe your queen is a school teacher now. As for your king, I'm not really sure. But I do know that he's a part-time gardener."
As much as you knew about Frisk's friends, you definitely weren't going anywhere with this. You wanted to know what you came here to know.