Confidence - Part Two

“So, erm… Coffee?” You turned to your friend and colleague who still looked a little shocked that you had led him out of the bar hand in hand.

You could feel your phone buzzing in your bag, texts coming through. And you knew they would be from Penelope and Derek, Penelope totally freaking out and Derek no doubt teasing you about getting some. You wondered if Spencer would get the same messages from him.

“Coffee. Whatever you want,” Spencer smiled at you shyly, looking down at your interlocked hands. You squeezed his lightly.

“Okay, there’s a nice little place just around the corner from here…. Or, we could go back to my apartment?”

“Your a-apartment?” he stumbled over his words.

“Maybe not then,” you led him around the corner and into the coffee shop that you knew stayed open til 2am, settling into a booth and waiting for the waitress to come over and take your order. Rather than sitting the opposite side to Reid like you normally would have done, you sat next to him.

“What can I get ya?” the waitress appeared almost immediately, there was only you and three other people in the cafe currently.

“Can I get a large hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles please,” you waited for Spencer to give his coffee order, surprised when he opted for the same rather than the double or triple espresso he’d normally have. That boy lived for caffeine… And sugar. Oh the amounts of sugar he normally would pour into his coffee. It’s a wonder he hadn’t rotted his teeth.

The waitress disappeared and returned with your orders a few minutes later, you pulling out your cell and checking the messages in the meantime.

‘I swear you were holding hands with Spencer, Y/N.’

'WHY WERE YOU HOLDING HANDS WITH SPENCER!!’

'Omg!! Omg!! It’s finally happening. My real life OTP is happening.’

'Come back!! I need to see this play out.’

You’d been away from the bar for less than ten minutes and Penny was fangirling terribly over this.

You showed your screen to Spencer, earning a chuckle from him as he read through her messages.

“Her OTP? Is she serious?” he dipped his finger into the whipped cream on his drink, his tongue slipping out between his lips to taste it.

“Oh Garcia is deadly serious. When I first joined, she wouldn’t stop going on about what a catch you were. I had to tell her to shut up because I could see it for myself already and that I didn’t need her pimping you out to me.”

“Garcia said that about me?” he played with the chocolate flake that was poking out of the mug, pulling it out of the cream and then pushing it back in, repeating the actions over and over.

“Yeah…..Garcia is your biggest advocate. She just wants to see you happy. But at least she doesn’t try and force completely inappropriate people like Shirley onto you,” you scooped some of your own whipped cream into your mouth, using your finger as a spoon and seeing Spencer’s eyes follow your finger.

“I hate Morgan sometimes,” he shifted in his seat.

“You don’t hate him, he’s just a bit full on. And he’s just looking out for you too, in his own way.”

“I know, I know. It’s just……whenever he does try to set me up, it’s never with anyone that I’d actually go for. Probably because he knows that they’d be way out of my league anyway. Like you.”

“Hey! Enough with the self depreciation again alright. What more do I have to do to convince you that you’re attractive?”

He shrugged and scooped up some more cream, giving you an idea.

Reaching out you stopped his hand before it got to his mouth, pulling it to yours instead and seeing his mouth open ready to protest.

You flicked your tongue out, tasting the cream on his fingertip and then sucking it into your mouth, licking it clean and locking your eyes on his as you did.

“Fuuuuck,” he whispered and you released his hand, giggling at his reaction. You hadn’t intended on making the move so sexual.

“I’m not out of your league Spencer, trust me. I find you extremely attractive, I have done since day one. Not just in looks either. I’ve been worried about telling you this before because I didn’t think you’d like ME back.”

You scooted closer to him on the seat so that you thighs were pressed against each other, your faces turned to each other and only inches apart.

“You’re crazy, Y/N. I think you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”

“You do? Alright, so you’ve got a ‘beautiful girl’ sitting next to you and telling you she likes you. Are you gonna do anything about it?”

His eyes fluttered to your lips and then quickly back up to your eyes, and you could see panic and worry in them, nerves that he really needed to get over.

You licked your bottom lip and placed your hand on his shoulder, gently toying with a lock of his hair. How much more obvious could you make this?

You could see his brain working overtime.

“Stop over thinking this Spencer. You’re a profiler, everything about my actions right now should be telling you something,” you whispered softly to him, desperate for him to make the move here just to prove to himself that he could.

He took a breath and made a decision, closing the gap between your faces quickly, pressing his lips to yours softly and tentatively as though he still thought you were going to back away.

You didn’t, of course you didn’t. Instead, you pressed back slightly harder, moving your lips gently against his and tilting your head to stop your noses knocking into each other.

Aware that you were in a public place, you didn’t attempt to deepen the kiss further as much as you wanted to try some of the lip biting you’d mentioned earlier. You pulled away after a few moments, instantly missing the feeling of his warm mouth on yours and seeing him blush.

“Was that….. Was it okay for me to do that?” he asked, looking down at his hands and then back at you.

“It was more than okay. You can definitely do that a few more times before we go our separate ways tonight as well. And maybe…. On a date tomorrow? You know, if you ever actually ask me out…. ”

“I like to do it more too. Maybe we could… Erm do it in the back row of the movies tomorrow? After dinner?”

“Making out in the back row of a movie theatre… Ahhh takes me back to my teenage years,” you laughed.

“I never did any of that as a teenager,” he told you shyly. No. Of course he didn’t. Because when the genius was a teen, he was already in college completing his first PhD, surrounded by students that were much older than him.

“First time for everything, Spencer. First time for everything. You can pick me up at seven. Now… Let’s finish these drinks and then you can walk me home and give me a proper kiss at my door.”

“A proper kiss… With the lip biting you talked about?”

“Maybe… If that’s what you want.”

“That’s what I want, ” he picked his mug up and drank his drink down quickly, waiting for you to do the same.

“Eager, aren’t we?”

“Well I’ve been wanting to kiss you for ages. Now I know it’s okay, I really wanna do it again. And again. And then some more.”

“Excellent. Because I feel the same. Let’s go.”