Come Away With Me

Come away with me in the night
Come away with me
And I will write you a song

You watched him, his lips moving quickly as he read the words from the file back to himself. The other members of the team had fallen asleep, but not Spencer. He'd review the file and file over and over again until he was one hundred percent sure that the team had covered every angle. You had of course, but Spencer was meticulous. One of the things you loved about him.

Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they can't tempt us
With their lies

Your earbuds in and one of your favourite lazy Sunday songs playing, you shifted in your seat next to him.

Trying to get a better look at his handsome face, not that you needed to see it. You could close your eyes and you'd see it, it was seared into your memory, a photograph someone had developed onto the inside of your eyelids.

He glanced up, seeing you watching him carefully. He gave you a smile, those plump pink lips of his curling upwards.

Seven months you'd been part of the team, and six months, three weeks and four days you'd had a crush on Spencer Reid. He'd been absent the first day of your appointment as the new media liaison.

But you'd never tell him. You didn't want to scare him away, you wanted it to come from him. So you'd wait, drop hints, leave little clues. Maybe one day he'd realise, Morgan teased him about you often enough, you'd heard him. But then again Morgan teased Spencer about any pretty girl who Reid stuttered around. Ah, the endearing and adorable stutter. It only made him sweeter when he tripped over his words when he spoke to you. He rarely did it now, now you'd become friends.

You were mouthing along with the words without realising it and Spencer touched his ear and made a tugging motion. You paused the music and removed an ear bud.

"What are you listening to? You look totally chilled out." He asked.

"I am. It's one of my favourite songs. It actually reminds me of you Spencer... "

"It does, how so?"

"I can't say.. That's a secret." Playing coy with him now, you brushed a lock of your hair back, seeing his eyes flick to your hand and follow your movements. He mirrored them subconsciously, something you knew people did when they were around someone they liked. In fact, it was Reid who had given you that little bit of profiling information.

Yes. He definitely liked you.

"Well at least tell me what song it is!"

"Give me your phone." You held your hand out to him and he obliged. You quickly connected to the jets WiFi and downloaded the song.

"You can't listen to it until you're home, okay. We'll see if you can work out why it reminds me of you." You locked his phone and handed it back, watching him slip it back into his pocket with a slightly confused look on his face.

You smiled and settled back in your seat, resuming the song and wondering whether the lyrics would ever be a reality.

I want to walk with you
On a cloudy day
In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high
So won't you try to come

Maybe....
...

Spencer sat in his apartment playing the song Y/N had downloaded onto his phone over and over. It was a beautiful song, the soft tones of the singer making him feel warm inside, like he was wrapped in a thick blanket and that everything was right in the world.

Come away with me and we'll kiss
On a mountaintop
Come away with me
And I'll never stop loving you

She'd said the song reminded her of him, but he wasn't sure why. It was the sort of song that would remind someone of a lover, or perhaps someone they were persuing as a lover.

A tiny spark inside of him made him wonder. Could it be possible that it reminded her of him because she was persuing him? Morgan had told him a while ago that Reid's crush on Y/N definitely wasn't one sided, he'd apparently heard it from Penelope and Penelope was her best friend on the team. But he hadn't believed it. If she did feel that way, why wasn't she doing anything about it.

Unless...

She was waiting for him to make the first move?

He replayed the song again, remembering how her eyes had looked when she'd been lip syncing along. He was sure she was looking at him, that's why he'd glanced up; because he'd felt a pair of eyes on him.

Maybe...

And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms

He closed down the media player on his phone, the lyrics embedded in his mind now. Pulling up her contact details, he typed the last few lines of the song and hit send. If this back fired, he'd pass it off as him showing his appreciation for it.

So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me

She text back almost immediately.

"I thought you'd never ask."