Drabble Prompts: You Cannot Get That Many Pop Tarts

"Twenty boxes?"

"There's not twenty ," Spencer pouted as you stood with your hands on your hips staring at the shopping cart.

You counted again, "Yes there is. And there's four pop tarts in each box. That's eighty. We do not need eighty pop tarts."

"But... But they're on sale!"

"No. You eat enough junk food as it is. Put them back."

"But I like them. And I want them. I'll go to the gym more, I swear it," he was like a petulant child bargaining with his mother rather than a grown man out shopping with his girlfriend. You knew should have never let him control the cart.

"No! Put them back. You cannot get that many pop tarts. You can have two boxes."

"Ten."

"Two."

"Six?" he tried again.

"Two."

"Four then. Let me have four."

You sighed and shook your head. Next time you were doing the shop online. It was not worth this every time.

"Three. And that's it. And you are not to ruin your dinner by eating them before."

"Yay! Thanks, love you."

He grabbed the cart and scurried off back to the aisle to put them back. Another woman who was having a similar debate but with her child, glanced over and caught your eye.

You smiled and started to walk away, hearing the child try to argue.

"He got three boxes, why can I only have one?"

God help if you and Spencer ever had kids...