Desperately Seeking Warmth

Being stuck in the office and playing air conditioning wars with your colleagues was hell.

They all seemed to run at a higher temperature than you did meaning that whilst you were freezing your tits off, they were all just fine.

"Honey bee, another coffee. Really? That's like the fourth you've had in an hour," Derek Morgan and your resident older brother glanced over at you as you returned from the kitchenette.

"It's hot chocolate. I need something to warm myself up, and apparently bringing in my sleeping bag is frowned upon."

You tugged the sleeves of your shirt down again and cradled your mug with your hands. Normally you kept various cardigans in the office or your car but last weekend you'd taken them all home for cleaning and stupidly had forgotten to bring them back. It was fairly warm outside so you hadn't even thought about it until you'd set foot in the office and had immediately felt like you'd entered Antarctica.

"Where's Spencer?" you nodded to the Dr's empty chair, his navy cardigan slung over the back of it.

"Records room. He and Rossi have been down there for the last hour."

Ah. Okay. You glanced at the cardigan again. It looked so warm and snuggly. And you'd bet it would smell of Spencer too. He always seemed to smell so nice.

Screw it. He obviously didn't need it. You reached for it and shrugged it on earning a raised eyebrow from Derek and a small grin from Garcia.

The three of you worked for the next forty minutes, pouring over the files laid out on the table until Spencer and Dave returned.

Reid frowned when he entered the room looking over to the chair where he knew he'd left his jacket but where it now no longer was. Morgan coughed loudly to get his attention and then nodded his head in your direction.

Spencer didn't say anything, a small smile forming on his lips

When the team was finally dismissed you'd completely forgotten you were wearing it, heading over to your desk to collect your things. As you made towards the exit you heard Derek whistle and you turned around.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

Oh. Shit.

Reid had only been a few steps behind you, and you started to shrug out of his cardigan. He shook his head.

"Are you still cold?" he asked.

"I'm cosy. It's warm and it smells nice."

"Then wear it home. Bring it back whenever. It kinda... It kinda suits you."

And that was how you ended up with Spencer Reid's cardigan.

How you ended up with his t-shirt and boxers is an entirely different one...