Drabble Prompts: Fear

".... I can smell your fear, the only reason I'm here is to wreak havoc."

You pressed the blade to Dr Reid's neck, keeping his hands pulled tightly behind his back. He'd been shocked that you'd managed to capture him but your cunning ways had won out right and now he was yours.

"DROP THE WEAPON Y/N! WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED!"

Dammit. You'd been so careful.

You craned your neck to see that the federal agents you hadn't taken out yet, were in fact lined up behind you, guns poised at the ready.

"No! You'll never take me alive!"

"You have one more chance to surrender Y/N. Is suicide by cop really the way you want to end this?" Agent Rossi called out, his finger never leaving the trigger of his weapon. You pressed the blade harder against your struggling victim.

"If you shoot me, you'll kill Dr Reid too. You don't have a clean shot!"

"I do though."

The voice came from off to the side and when you looked you could see the dark hair of Agent Emily Prentiss. She had a direct shot to disable you from sideways on, sparing your victim. If you moved quickly, you could still finish this by slashing his throat although given that he was a good few inches taller than you it would be awkward to get a clean cut and your arms were already beginning to ache. You knew you should have used your gun here too but you'd so wanted to try a different tactic.

Before you had chance to consider your surrender you heard the tell tale sound of the  trigger being pulled and then felt the thump as the bullet hit your side, the force knocking you off balance and causing you to drop your knife and to reach for the wound, covering it with your hands. Dr Reid spun out of your grasp and stared at you as you dropped to the floor, writhing in pain.

"You'll pay for this! You'll pay! My death will be avenged, I promise you this!! MY DEATH WILL BE AV...... " you trailed off as your eyes closed, one final breath heaving from your chest.

"Alright Agent Y/N, you can get up now, the show is over," Agent Hotchner strode into the yard and you opened your eyes to see the rest of your team surrounding you, Spencer leaning down and offering you his hand to help you up, the red paint from the paint ball shot shot smearing onto his hand as you took it.

"Great shot Prentiss, but team I'm honestly surprised at how long it took for her to be caught. And at how many Agents she took out in the process."

You grinned at your boss, proud at how long you'd managed to last. You were certain you had the highest kill rate now for a lone unsub, something else you could add to your list of achievements.

"I have already had a request from the other teams though Y/N. They won't take part in the training excerise again next time if you're the unsub. And SSA Summers from the New York office has some concerns about you. She thinks you got into the part a little too much and that there might be some underlying issues..... "

The rest of the team chuckled and you took this as your moment to take a bow.

"Sir, you know the only underlying issue I have is that I don't get to express my acting skills often enough. Those high school drama classes I took clearly had an impact on me and have left me with skills that demand to be demonstrated!"