Chapter 8: When It Rains, It Pours

You woke up to the sound of the fire alarm. "DAN?" you yelled. "IT'S FINE MADELINE! ME AND KYLE TRAIED MAKING BREAKFAST!" he yelled back. You decided to get up.

As you walked in the kitchen, you asked Dan if they needed some help. "Sure! We need all the help we can get!" he laughed. "I'm gonna leave you two alone," Kyle said. Dan rolled his beautiful blue eyes. Everything was inedible, so you decided to start over.

"Dis id delicious!" Kyle mumbled, even though his mouth was full. "I second that!" Dan said. You giggled, "I guess I'm not the worst cook."

Dan dud the dishes, and every once in a while he'd turn around with a beard made of bubbles. You joined him and it soon turned into a bubble war. "What the hell happened to my kitchen?" Kyle asked when he walked in. "He did it!" you joked while pointing at Dan. "What? That's it!" he grabbed a handful of bubbles and blew them into your face. "Clean it up! Both of you!" Kyle exclaimed. "Clean it up! both of you!" Dan mimicked in a ridiculous voice, making you laugh.

"Bye Kyle! Thanks for everything," you said before leaving. "No problemo Maddy! Stop by again sometime!" he replied. "Can I drive this time?" you asked Dan before hopping in the car. "Sure babe!" he answered.

You loved driving. Expecially in Dan convertible. The wind blew through your hair as The 1975 blasted on the radio. You felt so carefree. But then it rained. Everything was soaked by the time you got the roof up. "Sorry Dan," you said. "It's ok Madeline! it wasn't your fault," he replied.

"Oh it's so nice to be home!" Dan did a little dance when he walked in the door. You laughed before joining him. "Now, if we're gonna dance, we need music!" he exclaimed. Dan ran to the shelves and grabbed a record off the shelf. The two of you danced the night away.