Chapter 76: Celebrate

You opened your eyes and saw Dan smiling at you. "Hi babe, how do you feel?" Dan asked. Your head was pounding. You were laying in your bed and the back of your head was sore. "What happened? My head hurts," you complained. "We all got really drunk, and I guess you hit your head," Dan replied. You rubbed the back of your head and realized there were stitches. You ran your fingers over them, but then winced in pain. "Sorry about that," Dan said. "About what?" you asked. "For being to drunk to help you," he replied. "We were all having fun, it's not your fault," you reassured him. He smiled, "I'm glad you're ok," and kissed your cheek.

Woody and Paxton came in a few minutes later. "Hey, uh, sorry," they both said. You smiled at them and said, "It's alright."

Dan held your hand in his, "You start chemo soon! Your gonna beat cancers butt!" he exclaimed. "Chemo?" Paxton and Woody asked in unison. "I have breast cancer so I'll need to start chemo-therapy soon," you answered. "You're so strong Maddy," Paxton said. "Thanks," you replied.

"Lets do something fun!" Woody said. "Like what?" Dan asked him. "I dunno, let's go on a trip or something, to celebrate!" he replied. "What will we be celebrating?" You asked. "Our friendship!" Woody laughed. "That was the cheesiest thing I've ever heard," Paxton giggled. Everybody started to laugh. "Where should we go?" You asked when the laughter ended. "Somewhere we've never been before," Dan suggested. "I've got it! Lets go to Paris!" Woody said. "Yes!" you, Dan and Paxton all said at the same time.

"See you guys in a bit, we're gonna go to our place and pack," Paxton said before she walked out the door with Woody. "Ok," Dan said. "We should do the same," you said and he followed you to the bedroom.