Chapter 19: Caught

You crawled into bed beside Dan. He was already asleep. So stared at his wounded, but still handsome face. "I'll never let anyone hurt you ever again Daniel Smith. I promise," you whispered. He opened one eye. "I didn't mean to wake you sorry!" you muttered. "No! Its ok I wasn't even asleep, I was just laying here!" he replied. You clung to his side. "How do you feel?" you asked. "Not that great," he answered. You couldn't get to sleep that night. You stayed up all night worrying about Dan.

"THEY FOUND THEM! THEY FOUND THEM MADELINE SO NOW WE DONT HAVE TO WORRY!" Kyle screamed as he ran through the house the next morning. You heard meowing at the door. You opened it and Kyle Jr. was sitting there. "KYLE JR! YOU MADE DADDY VERY WORRIED YOU LITTLE RASCAL!" Kyle exclaimed, while picking up the cat.

You walked into your room. Dan was awake. He smiled at you. "Hey Dan, are you hungry?" you asked him. "A little," he replied. "What would you like?" you asked. "Something that doesn't require chewing," he mumbled. "Aw, does your jaw hurt hun?" you replied. He nodded. "I'll make you a shake," you said. Before leaving the room you planted soft kisses on his wounds.

When returned to the room, Dan asked you what Kyle was talking about. "Well, Kyle figured out that the people who robbed him, were the same people who beat you up and are out to kill me. So he called the police, and they found them," you explained. He nodded, then said, "I'll protect you from anyone Madeline. I love you."