Chapter 82: Anger

Dan was standing at the counter examining the object when you woke up. You stood beside him and looked at what he was holding. It was a stone, that had been made into the shape of a gun. Painted on it were the words, 'When All Of Our Friends Are Dead'. Dan dropped it into the garbage.

"What does it mean?" you asked him. "It means they're gonna kill all our friends!" he snapped back. "Oh," you muttered and tears filled your eyes. You wondered why he was mad at you. "It's my fault," you said. Dan left the room. You sat on the bed with your head in your hands. Tears fell from your eyes, and rolled down your cheeks.

You felt someone sit down on the bed beside you. You didn't look up, and they wrapped their arm around your waist. "I'm sorry," Dan whispered. You leaned your head on his shoulder. With the sleeve of your sweater, you wiped the tears off your cheeks. "Listen, I was upset and stressed out. I didn't mean to get mad at you," he apologized. You put your hand in his, and sat there silently.

A few minutes later he turned to face you. His eyes stared into yours, "Do you accept my apology?" he asked. You nodded, and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry, honestly, I should've never lost my temper like that," Dan said. "Dan, it's fine," you reassured. "Not its not," he protested, and rested his chin on the top of your head.

"Dan, I love you," you whispered. "I love you too Madeline," he replied. You kissed him. "If I ever get like that again, tell me, please," he said. You nodded, "I will." He looked into your eyes, "Thank you for dealing with me and my crappy attitude," he said. "Thank you for dealing with me and my crappy drama," you replied, and he smiled.